Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

As9100

B

Boscoeee

Yea! Well after ten years of working with ISO, I am now working toward AS 9100. I started last week with a gap analysis of ISO 9001:2000 to AS 9100B and now looking to finalize closure to AS 9100C.

I am with a <50 person facility that primarily does work for the semiconductor sector, but need desperately to broaden it scope of business sectors.

I have been spending a lot of research time on the Cove, it has been extremely helpful, many tools are available for use. My hat is off to the sharing of knowledge by the Cove Members.

We have set a goal line of December 2008 for the scope expansion. I am very comfortable with the project with one exception, our factory floor team struggles with this process. I suppose that I have not communicated it well enough, so I plan to spend more one on one time with the employees through implementation.

While I do not see Quality Management Systems as a Savior of all, I deeply believe they are important the the health and well being of a company and its employees.

harry

Super Moderator
While I do not see Quality Management Systems as a Savior of all, I deeply believe they are important the the health and well being of a company and its employees.
Good to see your post, Ralph. You've made a good point.

Traditionally, we run businesses by looking at operations and the figures (account) much like how the doctor use the stethoscope. If now we are given a relevant X-ray or ECG print (like what QMS will help us do), it certainly goes a long way to improve our final diagnosis.

Can we guarantee the the final diagnosis will be better? It depends on the skills of the people who operate and interpret the stethoscope or X-ray machine output. To support your point - systems like ISO certainly helps and/but you've to work to make it work for you.

Top Bottom