AS9100C 8.2.2 - Selected Tools & Effectiveness of IA Process and Performance

sandra2014

Involved In Discussions
Hello,
:bigwave: I would like some help in defining this statement 'the acceptability of the selected tools will be measured against the effectiveness of the internal audit process and overall organization performance'. this is listed in a gap analysis template designed for AS9100C 8.2.2 questionnaire. Can anyone explain this in simple terms?
any feedback appreciated.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I think there is a mistake. That requirement is not in revision C of AS9100. It used to be in a previous version of the standard. The intent of that requirement was to ensure that internal audits were not a wasted effort auditing only against a standard-based checklist.

Too many times internal audits show full compliance with a standard and still, nonconforming product is shipped and late. So if you keep auditing yourself against a high-level, generic checklist, that tool is ineffective for internal audits.

sandra2014

Involved In Discussions
I think there is a mistake. That requirement is not in revision C of AS9100. It used to be in a previous version of the standard. The intent of that requirement was to ensure that internal audits were not a wasted effort auditing only against a standard-based checklist.

Too many times internal audits show full compliance with a standard and still, nonconforming product is shipped and late. So if you keep auditing yourself against a high-level, generic checklist, that tool is ineffective for internal audits.
Thank You Sidney, you are correct, I couldn't find this either in the current standard. I appreciate your quick feedback!

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Sidney is correct. This was a Rev B requirement:
Detailed tools and techniques shall be developed such as checksheets, process flowcharts, or any similar method to support audit of the quality management system requirements. The acceptability of the selected tools will be measured against the effectiveness of the internal audit process and overall organization performance.

Top Bottom