AS9100C Internal Auditor Eligibility Requirements

G

Goldstarr

Members,

Can the employee who has completed ISO9001:2008 training eligible to carry out internal audit for the organization that has migrated to AS9100C standards ?

Thanx...Goldstar

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
Members,

Can the employee who has completed ISO9001:2008 training eligible to carry out internal audit for the organization that has migrated to AS9100C standards ?

Thanx...Goldstar

ISO 19011 (Guidelines for Quality and/or Environmental Management Systems Auditing) Sec. 7.4.4 states that it's up to the organization to determine the levels of education, work experience, auditor training and auditor experience that someone needs. It then refers to an evaluation process in Sec. 7.6.2., which again is dependent on the organization' size, complexity and nature, the complexity of the QMS and the level of confidence required in the audit program.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
ISO 19011 (Guidelines for Quality and/or Environmental Management Systems Auditing) Sec. 7.4.4 states that it's up to the organization to determine the levels of education, work experience, auditor training and auditor experience that someone needs. It then refers to an evaluation process in Sec. 7.6.2., which again is dependent on the organization' size, complexity and nature, the complexity of the QMS and the level of confidence required in the audit program.

ISO 19011:2011, now called: Guidelines for auditing management systems. :)

Stijloor.

Last edited:
J

Jeff Frost

It really is not a surprise that your course is still using the year 2002 revision of ISO 19011. A number of factors contribute to this such as the phase in of year 2011 revision, BSI publishing their version of Standard in December of 2011 and the need to have their course approves by IRCA or RABQSA. Most attendees of lead auditor class are unaware that one of these organizations must approve the course content so that they can be issued a RABQSA or IRCA Lead Auditor C-cards once the attendee applies for this credential.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
There are no requirements regarding particular training for internal auditors for the standard. As long as the auditors are competent and they understand the new standard, you are good to go.
Randy, you are 100% correct in your statement, unless you work for a complex multi-site Aerospace organization seeking certification to AS91X0 under an ASRP protocol; in those rare cases, AS9104-1 stipulates training requirements for the internal auditors of the organization.

For the typical AS91X0 certified organization however, most registrants ignore the competence-assessment for internal auditors and tend to have the least possible solution acceptable by the external 3[sup]rd[/sup] party auditor, who also tend to ignore the checking of internal auditor competence.

What drives (to a great extent) the utterly ineffective internal audits performed throughout the supply chain. One of the potential upcoming changes with AS9101E is the need for PEAR's to be developed for ALL of the QMS processes and not only (per current requirements of AS9101D) for the processes under the product realization cycle. Let's see what happens when and if external auditors are forced to pass judgement on the effectiveness of the internal audit processes.

Last edited:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
<snip>

What drives (to a great extent) the utterly ineffective internal audits performed throughout the supply chain. One of the potential upcoming changes with AS9101E is the need for PEAR's to be developed for ALL of the QMS processes and not only (per current requirements of AS9101D) for the processes under the product realization cycle. Let's see what happens when and if external auditors are forced to pass judgement on the effectiveness of the internal audit processes.

I do not offer aerospace services, but I have been following the discussions here and at other locations about the continuing changing AS XXXX standards, audits, and registration schemes. I do not believe that making the standards (even) more stricter by for example more PEARs contributes to improvement and the behavioral adjustment on part of Top Management. I was thinking about this for a long time. Unless a regulatory agency such as the FAA takes the bull by the horns and put some teeth and severe consequences into this, nothing is going to change very much I am afraid. As one of my former Mentors used to say; the only way to get Management's behavior changed is "hit 'm in the wallet."

Just my :2cents:

Stijloor.

Top Bottom