AS9100C registration - How long does the system have to run before initial audit?

W

wslabey

My company has a mature ISO9001:2008 QMS and we are registered. There is one business group that has developed an AS9100C compliant system. We have had a gap analysis, are nearly done with new procedures and processes.

?How long does the AS9100C have to run before a registration audit can be scheduled? Two registrars want a year.

AndyN

Moved On
Re: AS9100C registration -- how long does the system have to run before initial audit

The registrars don't want a year - the oversight body does! When you say a business unit, what do you mean? Are they going to function under your oversight or alone? No sharing of system level processes etc? If they are stand alone then they need 12 months of (core) process performance data.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: AS9100C registration -- how long does the system have to run before initial audit

Two registrars want a year.
They are mistaken. AS9101 requires the organization to have a minimum of 12 months of performance data, but it does not even have to be aerospace related performance data. That aspect is supposed to be assessed during the AS9100 stage 1 audit.

Since, according to you, a mature QMS is in place, you should have no problem to demonstrate a minimum of 12 months of data to the auditor.

W

wslabey

Sidney,

Thanks, after reading the standard sales "implementation guide" I think the sales person is attempting to provide the proverbial "kitchen sink" of year long contract. We have well over 6 years of performance metrics for the department that needs to be AS9100 registered.

Again, thank you.

Bill

M

muthuvikram

Dear friends , am having one doubt ...A organisation need minimum how many years of working for getting AS9100 CERTIFICATION ...THANKS IN ADVANCE...

AndyN

Moved On
Dear friends , am having one doubt ...A organisation need minimum how many years of working for getting AS9100 CERTIFICATION ...THANKS IN ADVANCE...

Hello and welcome to the Cove. Please read through this thread - your doubts will be answered.

A

AlexanderS

Hello everybody,

Does anyone know what is going to happen as result of the Stage1 Audit if

a) I have more than 12 months of performance data for Quality and OTD
b) I have 6 months performance data for other Key Process Metrics

Will I be denied the Certification?
Will I pass with Minor?
etc.

-----------------------------------------------

Here is what I found in AS9101:

?AS9101: 4.3.4 Surveillance. Audit plans for surveillance shall be based on continuing operational control of process and on product performance indicators and trends for the previous 12 months (both for quality and OTD).

?AS9101: 4.3.2.2 Collection of Information. The audit team leader shall require the organization to provide the necessary information and documentation for review, including the following: performance measures and trends for the previous 12 months;

?AS9101. APPENDX F -AUDT REPORT (Stage 1) Step 24. Review performance data for each key customer; primary focus is on the quality and On-time Delivery (OTD) performance trends for the previous 12 months. Sources of information can include: customer satisfaction data, complaint summaries, customer reports, scorecards, key
performance indicators (e.g., escapes, rejections, complaints, defectives). Summarize results and indicate whether performance is satisfactory or unsatisfactory.
---------------------------

Alexander.

A

AlexanderS

I see. I asked wrong question.
I think the right question is this:
If the company has not accumulated 12 months of data for All Key Process Performance metrics, can it still be certified to AS9100 assuming that the rest of the QMS elements are in place?

Say, we ran some new processes for 6 months only, performed reviews of objective/metrics, reviewed trends, created action items, and acted to close them, comply to all other clauses in the Standard, etc.

R

Reg Morrison

There is huge variation in terms of auditor consistency. It is possible that some AS lead auditors would give you some leeway, while others would not. If you have selected your registrar, ask them this question. If you haven't, use this questions as part of your interview process.

Top Bottom