AS9100D 8.4.1 c. Control on external providers... part of a process

APetersen

Starting to get Involved
You seem to confuse process and procedure. They are not the same. You do not need to have a procedure for each of your processes.
By me, I assume you mean my organization and how they used the word procedure here under the Evidence portion correct?
Is so yes I see your distinction and I agree that they are different, contextually (at the time) these terms were used interchangably but I'll pass on the feedback and watch for it in the future.

APetersen

Starting to get Involved
I’m left with a concern about the ability of the auditors to report in an effective manner. The fact that you are asking complete strangers for an answer is a clue…
This maybe my foggy brain on a Monday morning but I am not following what you are getting at. Can you clarify further?

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
I am wrapping up an approval on an internal audit report, and I noticed that the auditor team had the following:

Requirement: The organization shall determine the controls to be applied to externally provided processes, products, and services when a process, or part of a process, is provided by an external provider as a result of a decision by the organization.
Method: This seems to refer to COMPANY deciding to discontinue a process and have a outside vendor take it over.
Evidence: While we outsource painting for example and a few other activities, we haven’t done a procedure in house and then outsourced it according to interview.

I questioned if this is a rather narrow interpretation or audit of this requirement. The response was basically "That just what we thought it meant." So I am just curious is people have examples or ways to help me flush out or differentiate these sections (a-c).
What was the nonconformance?

APetersen

Starting to get Involved
What was the nonconformance?
There wasn't. It was an internal audit that I was asked to review internally. I pointed out what I thought was a complete misunderstanding of the standard. We just switched Quality Managers. I suggested this probably wasn't what the standard was pointing to. However, I figured I would come get some second opinions.

Top Bottom