AS9102 - Clarification - PO asking for an Assembly at Rev B (Print at Rev C)

S

Siramman

I am looking for advice on the following:

We have a PO asking for an Assembly at Rev B and a Engineering Change Number to work too.

This Change does minor changes and up-issues the Drawing to Rev C.

However; there is no physical Rev C Drawing; just the changes that we are being asked to introduce and write a AS9102 against.

Should the AS9102 call for the Rev B on Form 1 or the Rev C?
Also, what should be called for on the CofC? Drawing Rev B or C?

I was planning on putting the Engineering Change in the 'Additional Changes' box in either case.
Then on Form 3; write the rest of the report with the drawing first, followed by the Engineering changes (to ensure all is captured)

I have asked the Customer what they are expecting to see; but wanted your take on it.

:thanx:

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Re: AS9102 Help - Clarification

Since you have never seen Rev C and you don't know that it will match what the ECN shows, I would refer to Rev B and the ECN.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: AS9102 Help - Clarification

I am looking for advice on the following:

We have a PO asking for an Assembly at Rev B and a Engineering Change Number to work too.

This Change does minor changes and up-issues the Drawing to Rev C.

However; there is no physical Rev C Drawing; just the changes that we are being asked to introduce and write a AS9102 against.

Should the AS9102 call for the Rev B on Form 1 or the Rev C?
Also, what should be called for on the CofC? Drawing Rev B or C?

I was planning on putting the Engineering Change in the 'Additional Changes' box in either case.
Then on Form 3; write the rest of the report with the drawing first, followed by the Engineering changes (to ensure all is captured)

I have asked the Customer what they are expecting to see; but wanted your take on it.

:thanx:

First - this is a contact review issue.

Second - you are looking at a Delta AS9102 issuance (if you need additional information - let us know)

Finally - Before you continue on the process - get clarification on what the customer is looking for and if they want a AS9102 documentation / revision - do so but charge them....

Hope this helps

S

Siramman

Thanks

I have now spoken and clarified all with the Customer and they admit they should never be running in the format they have put us in.

We have all agreed that we will keep the paperwork at the current Rev status and call for the Engineering Change Number until the drawings have ''officially'' been created.

They still want a Delta; but in conjunction to above. The only aspect we have to flow down to our suppliers is that they must also include the Engineering Change on all paperwork until the drawing changes and for those drawings we are having AS9102s against; they must include the Engineering Change within it.
Plus they must then do a Delta once the drawing is released

Sounds simple, but took a lot of working out ;):D;)

Top Bottom