AS9102 FAI Requirements that pertain to a Dimension 'delta'

APHX02

Registered
Good afternoon all. This is my 1st post on this forum, and here's my question:

Being an AS9100 Certified Company, we are currently completing 1st production run fasteners, FAI, under AS9102. I understand the requirements that pertain to a 'delta' (i.e. drilled head/shank to same PN) but have discussed the need for a new FAI when the same part family, same diameter only changes in length, is it still required to produce a FAI? Our manufacturing process is the same.

Thank You,

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Good afternoon all. This is my 1st post on this forum, and here's my question:

Being an AS9100 Certified Company, we are currently completing 1st production run fasteners, FAI, under AS9102. I understand the requirements that pertain to a 'delta' (i.e. drilled head/shank to same PN) but have discussed the need for a new FAI when the same part family, same diameter only changes in length, is it still required to produce a FAI? Our manufacturing process is the same.

Thank You,

This is my opinion::)

I would complete an AS9102 for the new part, since there was dimensional changes. To also validate that the process is still meeting the intent of the design. During a simple change to a fastener, there could be a process deviation change.

APHX02

Registered
Thank you Coury. I did review it, and yes, a new FAI would be required because there are numerous dimensional changes that result in the length.

Just needed some insight on the subject.

I

inspector Peter

AS9102B section 4.6.e states tha FAI may be satisfied by previously approved FAI performed on similar parts by identicle means. If you produce a FAIR for one part, quote that FAIR number on the FAI for the second part and account for the differences on form 3. See iaqg website faq's D1.

Top Bottom