AS9102 FAIR Form 1 Content Requirements

C

CDinh

While reviewing the AS9102 spec for FAIR requirements, I have a question regarding form 1. I wanted to get clarification on what part numbers or sub-assemblies are needed to be included, and also which certificates I need to include.

My understanding is whatever appears on the customer drawings for the top level part number should be included and does not include sub-level assemblies that are not called out on the customer’s drawing. Is this correct? So based on that, i would only need to include the top level part number on form 1? Since the customer's drawing does not have a parts list, i would not need to include any sub assemblies on the FAIR?

Any information would be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance!

M

MS_AEI

Re: AS9102 FAIR Form 1 Requirement

Good Question.
According to section 1.3 Application, the FAI pertains to assemblies, sub-assemblies, etc., ...
Terms and Definitions Section 3.9 for "Drawing Requirements" include INVOKED lower-level drawings.

The question is, are the design characteristics on the lower level drawings (not called out on your customer drawing) applicable to your report? Is the lower level part considered an assy or sub-assy of the part included in the FAIR? If the lower level drawings are part of the assembly (of the upper tier) that cannot be inspected after assembly, then you should include the design characteristics of the lower level drawings.
Lastly, when in doubt read 4.7.2(d) Characteristics not measurable in the final product shall be verified during the manufacturing process, as long as they are not affected by subsequent operations or destructive means. Characteristics verified at the DETAIL level may be referenced in the ASSEMBLY LEVEL FAIR.

Good Luck.

C

CDinh

Thanks for your help! it definitely clears everything up for me.

M

msr0143

You may want to check with your customer, if applicable. My customer only requires listing sub-assemblies that are called out in their drawing or parts list. However, there are also customer who want BOM items listed as well.
As for certs, again it may be best to ask the customer. My main customer for FAIs wants certs for everything on the BOM, including COTS and SCH. However, the IAQG FAQ #C2 says certs are not required for COTS and SCH.

Top Bottom