AS9102 First Article Inspection and NC Parts - New FAI?

aapaap

Registered
Hello All,

I have searched the forums but unfortunately I cannot find the answer to my question, so I will ask here. It seems like no one has encountered the same issue as me ;)

We are an aerospace company and receive parts from a AS9100 company with AS9102 FAIRs.
We have received a FAIR, which on papers looks perfectly fine, but when we inspected the physical part an NC was found. The rivets were installed upside down on an anchor nut.
The riveting process is mentioned on the router card and as well as final inspection and is stamped for.

Does this NC mean that the supplier has to redo the FAI? If so, should he perform a full FAI or a partial FAI?

Your feedback would be highly appreciated.

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
Were all the parts NC. When a FAIR is performed, it typically only addresses one part with one part.

Big Jim

Admin
More than that!

The part needs to be returned and corrected (install rivets correctly or if needed, remake the part) AND a full new FAI completed for the correct part.

The FAI needs to be performed on a representative sample of the first production run. If the part is made incorrectly, it needs to be corrected and so does the paperwork.

They should be totally embarrassed.

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
You could not have said it better. I got distracted (work) and did not get a chance to finish my answer.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello All,

I have searched the forums but unfortunately I cannot find the answer to my question, so I will ask here. It seems like no one has encountered the same issue as me ;)

We are an aerospace company and receive parts from a AS9100 company with AS9102 FAIRs.
We have received a FAIR, which on papers looks perfectly fine, but when we inspected the physical part an NC was found. The rivets were installed upside down on an anchor nut.
The riveting process is mentioned on the router card and as well as final inspection and is stamped for.

Does this NC mean that the supplier has to redo the FAI? If so, should he perform a full FAI or a partial FAI?

Your feedback would be highly appreciated.

First - you need to issue an NC on the affected product.

Second they need to perform a partial F.A.I.R on the corrections and affected areas.

Then they need to correct all affected products.

per AS9102
"5.4 Nonconformance Handling

The FAI is not complete until the Organization closes all non-conformances affecting the part and implements corrective actions. The Organization shall re-do an FAI for those affected characteristics and shall record the results."

aapaap

Registered
Thanks guys for your responses.
The manufacturer indeed did a partial FAI, implemented corrective actions. up-issued the FAI report. updated the job router with the corrective actions included. Reworked the part and redelivered.

Top Bottom