AS9102 Info - Must each Assembly Component have FAI

R

Rita1973

Hello to all,

first of all sorry for my bad english, I'm writing form Italy.
Have a question, hope somebody can clarify my doubt.

I work in aerospace field, and acually my job is to issue FAI.
My doubt:

When I am going to Issue an Assembly FAI, all the components of this assembly have to be FAI also?

I mean an Assy FAI has to be made from all single FAI components?
Hope to have express well my sentences.

Thank you in advance kind regards
Rita

A

alspread

Re: As9102 infos

Yes. All of the assembly items should have their own FAI's, unless they are standard catalog items (not made to you or your customer's drawing) or raw material (plate stock, bar stock, etc.).

All other items should be listed on your form #1 indicating that they each have their own seperate first articles.

Good Luck

R

Rita1973

Hello thanks a lot for your prompt answer.
Yes I know that in the Form#1 all components have to have their own FAI.
But my doubt is on the Assembly if for example I have a ballscrew assy FAI S/N 00001 and it is composed by ballnut crossover and so on, all these parts have to be FAI also or these can be assembled on another Assy? Can I issue a FAY of this Assembly with parts that aren't FAI? Or all the components of the Assy have to be FAI also?
Sorry am not so good to explain.

A

alspread

If assembly ABC is made up of items 1, 2, & 3, (not catalog items or raw material) then:

You will need an FAI on Assembly ABC, Item 1, Item 2, and Item 3.

If you have another assembly DEF made up of the same items 1 & 2 and some other items 7, 8, & 9; then:

You could use the previous FAI's from the first assembly for items 1 & 2 and you would have to create new FAI's for Assembly DEF, Item 7, Item 8, and Item 9. You would not have to re-create a FAI for items 1 & 2 for Assembly DEF if those items are from the same source and process.

All of this assumes that there is no change in process or source that would invalidate the original first article, all items are NOT standard catalog parts or raw material, no interruption in manufacturing greater than 24 months, etc.

I hope this is clearer.

Good Luck

Top Bottom