AS9102B Detail Part/Assembly FAI Form 1 box 13;

Manasa

Starting to get Involved
Hi All,
Having a little trouble understanding this. I hope you guys can help me out! My Company is producing one-off parts for an Airplane. All we are doing is cutting tubes, bending them and welding the pushrods. We are not assembling any of them here. This is all we are doing. Some of them just have individual drawings and some of them have assembly drawings. They need a FAIR. I am creating one for all bent parts, One for all welding and one for just cut parts. What do I need? Detail/Assembly? Please help thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

John Predmore

Quite Involved in Discussions
The AS9102 form has instructions below box 13 on Form 1: "a) If above part number is a detail part, go to field 19, b) if above part number is an assembly, fill out the INDEX" of part numbers below. I think the checkmark in box 13 is as simple as whether there is information entered in fields 15,16,17 and 18. If you list detail parts in fields 15,16,17 and 18, you will be asked to provide documentation of specifications and evidence that the detail parts are conforming.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A AS9102B - 3.6 Design Characteristics and form 3 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
R AS9102B - Do I need a new FAIR? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
T Design Input detail & specificity ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K Process Mapping - Inputs/Outputs/Detail Activities/Control points/Measurement? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
D Risk Analysis & Technical File - What detail goes in the Risk Management Report ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
L AS9102 Form 1 Section 13 Detail or Assembly Question AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
M FAI Requirements of Detail and Assembly AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
P ISO 9001:2015 4.2 and 6.1 - Interested Parties - How much detail is required? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
P What is a Tooling Detail form? APQP and PPAP 2
T 510k Level of Detail Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
P Development and Approval of New Products - Procedure Length and Detail Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
D AS9102 FAI - Detail vs Assembly FAI (Form 1, Box 13) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
T ISMS (Information Security Management System) Task Flow Chart in 'Detail' IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
R Level of Detail in a Quality Manual vs. a Procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
M Quality Procedures - General Detail Level and Record Keeping Requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
Q Document Control Procedure - Too much detail? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
H Calibration Procedure Level of Detail - ISO Procedure question Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
M Applying EN 62304 - Medical Device Software Architecture - Level of Detail IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 21
A Quality Control vs. Quality Assurance in detail with example? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q How much detail in DHR (Device History Record) is too much? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
A Identification and Traceability down to the smallest detail of the component AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
P Separating "Shall" requirements from "Should" detail ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
N Quality Program Plan - How much detail does the customer want? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
J Level of Technical Detail of Technical File Submission ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J Quality System Process Map - Is this too detailed or not enough detail? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 77
B Shop Traveler/Router Detail Required Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
R Level of detail required - Results of Corrective, Preventive Action ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Control of Detail Prints Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
U PPAP and AQAP Training - I really want to learn PPAP, APQP, and QS-9000 in detail Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
K ISO 14001:2004 - 4.3.2 Legal & Other Requirements - Level of detail expected ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 18
M 8.2.4 Monitor and Measure Question - Re: Sub-Assemblies and Level of Detail Required ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
R Updated Process FMEA: How much detail? Closure of an External Corrective Action FMEA and Control Plans 3
V References instead of Detail - Control Method and Reaction Plan FMEA and Control Plans 5
C What is acceptable quality manual content? How much detail to put in here? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 25
K Supplier Audits - How far do we have to go? How much detail? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
D Showing Interrelationships - How Much Detail? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
I Process Mapping - Inputs/Outputs/Detail Activities/Control points/Measurement Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
A Detail info on CMMI - Capability Maturity Model Integration for Software Software Quality Assurance 15
S Detail Required in Documented Procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
J FMEA Level of Detail - Is the registrar's auditor correct? FMEA and Control Plans 1
W Control Plan Content Requirements - Level of Detail FMEA and Control Plans 25
D Quality plans - How much detail is required? What is typically included? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
N BF-type applied part MOPP vs secondary IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
D Relabelling a component that will be sold as a spare part - Do I become legal manufacturer? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
T Single Fault Condition IEC 60601 Clause 8.7.1 shorting Cr/Cl in Patient Applied Part IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
D Partial FAI - AS9102 - One single drawing has 10 part numbers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
Anonymous16-2 21 CFR Part 11 - Steps to take if we want to validate an electronic system Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
DuncanGibbons Should the requirements FAA/EASA Part 21 be addressed within the QMS and AS9100D quality manual? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
K IEC 62304 compliance - Code reviews as part of verification strategy IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5