AS9110 Re-Certification & Transition Audit

darkopsghost

Starting to get Involved
Just concluded our first Re-certification Audit which was also our Transition Audit from AS9110B to AS9110C last week.

I was already brain dead from a revision to our EASA MAG earlier in the year and the full blown DOD DCMA Non-FAA audit of AS9110B, which was a 6 day audit, plus the fact that I wear 2 hats here and have other duties I must conduct daily.:whip:

With Rev. C being from what I could tell, it was a game of 52 Card Pick-up with the re-numbering and the only thing I really saw as an addition was an abundance of redundancy and addressing things which we already cover due to our FAA/ EASA requirements.

I did have the questions that everyone else has had concerning the Context of the Organization and Interested Parties and what they really wanted.

With a little time reading on the Cove, I sat down and completed the re-write by myself minus any outside help. There are some very good ideas out there and some could be slightly modified to fit us and our organization.

I came out of the audit with only 1 finding, a minor, and it's on documentation, so I am ELATED to say the least!:cool:

I also just got word from my DPD MBD audit which was completed yesterday with no findings in it either. That's 6 major audits in the last 3 years with only 1 finding. :agree1:

I want to thank all of those who that helped me understand the changes whether they know it or not and I want to thank the Cove for being here as a VERY VALUABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION as always!:thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pcoltsqe Dual AS9100 and AS9110 certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
T Transfer of AS9110 Certification between Companies AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
W Can an organization without FAA145/EASA145 certification be certified to AS9110? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
W Small Company wants AS9110 Certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
B AS9110 Audit Check Sheet wanted Excel or Word Document AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
C Spares Market Supplier - Do we need to follow AS9110 or AS9100? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
K Holding Dual Certifications - for AS9100 and AS9110 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Document Dame Does AS9100 certified OEM need AS9110 if no maintenance is provided? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
howste AS9110 Rev C has been released and is available for purchase - November 2016 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
J Configuration Manager's Duties - AS9110 or AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
N AS9110 Audit Stage 2 - What procedures are required? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S When will CBs be auditing organizations to AS9110:2012 (AKA AS9110B) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
9 AS9110 Rev A Internal Auditor Training and Qualification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
N AS9110 Clause 4.2.1 - Safety Policy and Objectives - Example wanted AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 17
J AS9110 - The practice of Cannabalisation of Aircraft parts - Missed chance AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
R Customer Audit - C.A.S.E. Standard 1-A vs. AS9110 - Aircraft Assemblies Maintenance AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
Sidney Vianna AS9110 Revision A has been released. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
C AS9110 Requirement - Who requires the AS9110 standard? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 27
Sidney Vianna AS9110 - Paper/article by Sidney Vianna - Your comments? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 16
Sidney Vianna Deployment of AS9110 - What are your thoughts? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 27
K USB VID/PID certification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
L IATF 16949 certification costs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J How much to charge for helping a startup company with initial ISO 13485 certification? Consultants and Consulting 3
R Medical Device Software Certification IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
R China Quality Certification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
S Requirements to obtain ISO 50001 Certification ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
N Any experience with Registrars that deny Certification to a Registrant? Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
P ISO Class 8 particle count (annual certification vs monitoring) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
T ISO/IEC 17065 certification scheme Help Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
T Help to Suggest name for a new certification and inspection company Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
J Hitrust Certification (HIPPA etc.) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
T Letter to file for Product Certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
P ISO 13485:2016 MDSAP Certification Fee Survey ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
O ANATEL certification of Medical Device Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M What happens to certifications if the issuing certification body loses accreditation? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
R Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) prep - Practice test versus actual exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
K Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) Exam - November 2020 preparation Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
B Advantages of a corporate certification scheme IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
N Harmonized Standards for MDR Certification EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Quality management certification required by Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
hockeyhead Existing process never included in AS9100 scope of certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
R FCC certification (contract manufacturer) TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
M OEM asking for NC report after certification audit. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A 21 CFR part 11 - section 11.100 - Electronic Signature Certification Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
M Customers Request AS9100 certification - Small Company (less than 20 employees) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
T AMS2570E certification equipment questions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
S RA (Regulatory Affairs) certification & Online Internship Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
B Directory of Largest Global Certification Bodies (Accredited) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
M CE self-certification for Class I device (face mask) EU Medical Device Regulations 9