AS9110 Requirement - Who requires the AS9110 standard?

C

Corey

Hello All, I am new to the AS standards. I am particularily interested in the 9110 standard. My boss has asked me to find out if this standard will be required. The larger registrars are now certifying those who ask. I have searched for hours on the internet and could not locate anything or anybody requiring the 9110 standard :mad: .

Has anybody heard or read differently?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: AS9110 Requirement

Corey said:
Hello All, I am new to the AS standards. I am particularily interested in the 9110 standard. My boss has asked me to find out if this standard will be required. The larger registrars are now certifying those who ask. I have searched for hours on the internet and could not locate anything or anybody requiring the 9110 standard :mad: .

Has anybody heard or read differently?
Corey, at this point in time, I don't know of any OEM or airline requiring 9110 certification of suppliers involved with repair & overhaul. I believe that Honeywell Aerospace has been assessing some suppliers to 9110 and might require, in the future, supplier certification to AS9110. I also heard that Air Canada and Delta Airlines were looking into 9110. Please keep in mind that ANAB has not accredited any registrar yet for AS9110. The "few" 9110 certified organizations in the OASIS database are primarily in Europe.

C

Corey

I thought I read that PJR and SGS were accredited registrars for that standard?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Corey said:
I thought I read that PJR and SGS were accredited registrars for that standard?
The only accredited registrars for 9110 have used European ABs such as UKAS, COFRAC, etc...
In the US, ANAB is the AB for 9110. You can search it for yourself at the DIRECTORY section of ANAB .

B

BadgerMan

Please keep in mind that ANAB has not accredited any registrar yet for AS9110.

I recently heard (today:biglaugh: ) that US registrars can no longer certify an FAA Certified Repair Station to AS9100B and must instead certify them to AS9110. I also heard that there are still no AS9110 accredited registrars in the US. Has anyone else heard this?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I recently heard (today:biglaugh: ) that US registrars can no longer certify an FAA Certified Repair Station to AS9100B and must instead certify them to AS9110. ?
Not true. There is no prohibition for CRBs to certify a Repair Station to AS9100. There are several out there that are.
I also heard that there are still no AS9110 accredited registrars in the US. Has anyone else heard this?
That is true. You can use the same link posted on a previous post on this thread to search it for yourself. No CRB accredited to AS9110 by ANAB yet.

PS My 9110 article, previously posted here was published by Quality Digest last month.

B

BadgerMan

There are several out there that are.

True story. We maintain two certifications (AS9100B) for two FAA certified Repair Stations.

However, the "interpretation" I heard supposedly came from a recent IAQG meeting.

The reason I ask is because a registrar declined to quote on the registration of one of our repair facilities as a result of this recent "development".

Top Bottom