AS9120 and AS9110

nschultz0203

Registered
Hi everyone!

I would like to start off by saying I am new to the Quality field, so please bare with me if my inquiries seem a bit "newbie."

My company has 2 divisions, an aircraft spares division with AS9120 certification and a FAA part 145 repair station. Recently, there has been a discussion about the addition of AS9110 in order to pursue a contract. My question is, does anyone have experience with both of these standards and integrating them under one quality management system? It was discussed that audits may be simplified if both standards are fully integrated, but I am not so sure. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
There is limited availability of 9110 CB’s and auditors, so be aware of that. 9110 is a much more involved standard and must only be deployed in a true repair station environment, never for a warehouse/stockist house. Integrating both divisions under a single QMS would be a big mistake in my opinion.

Randy

Super Moderator
Hi everyone!

I would like to start off by saying I am new to the Quality field, so please bare with me if my inquiries seem a bit "newbie."

My company has 2 divisions, an aircraft spares division with AS9120 certification and a FAA part 145 repair station. Recently, there has been a discussion about the addition of AS9110 in order to pursue a contract. My question is, does anyone have experience with both of these standards and integrating them under one quality management system? It was discussed that audits may be simplified if both standards are fully integrated, but I am not so sure. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
To a degree yes, I used to teach accredited courses in both and my then fulltime employer tried "entice" me to become a certified auditor in -10 & -20 because that's exactly what I did for a major government contractor for years and I'm an FAA licensed A&P Mechanic. I had to go to the UK for -9110 & -9120 training.

Sid is correct about the lack of qualified auditors because unlike -9100 a -9110 auditor more often than not has a history of doing more than warming a chair in a quality office.

I would suggest contacting here (a UK entity) to maybe get some real help here in the US....Dr David Scrimshire (watch my post get reported now)

TEC Transnational | Partnering with Aerospace & Defence industries to provide training, qualification and solutions

Big Jim

Admin
It may be doable to have a single system that covers both standards, but I'm not sure how advisable it would be.

I helped a company to combine AS9100 and ISO 13485 into one system, and that's a lot more diverse, but they were dedicated to having just one manual and one system for their convenience and didn't care if auditors were happy about it or not.

Top Bottom