AS9120 or AS9100 Cert pertaining to inventory?

Chux

Registered
My employer is AS9120 certified. I have 2 questions, due to the language in the standard, I need guidance on whether our 9120 cert will cover these 2 items or if we need to pursue 9100.

1. Bring in product, hold it for the customer, relabel and ship it out. We are not splitting inventory, but only holding what the customer ordered, and shipping it on their demand.

2. Kitting- bringing product in and grouping it, label and ship it upon customer request. This is what the customer ordered, not splitting inventory or anything like that.

blockbuster

Starting to get Involved
My employer is AS9120 certified. I have 2 questions, due to the language in the standard, I need guidance on whether our 9120 cert will cover these 2 items or if we need to pursue 9100.

1. Bring in product, hold it for the customer, relabel and ship it out. We are not splitting inventory, but only holding what the customer ordered, and shipping it on their demand.

2. Kitting- bringing product in and grouping it, label and ship it upon customer request. This is what the customer ordered, not splitting inventory or anything like that.

IMO both scenarios are covered by AS 9120, as it looks like they are normal activities for stockist distributors. It doesn't look like you are doing anything affecting product confirmity.

Keep on rockin'
Block

Top Bottom