SBS - The best value in QMS software

AS9120 Store QMS packages

Susan atSLAMResource

Starting to get Involved
I am working on including AS9120 into our quality system. We have had ISO9001 since 2014 and have had very few issues raised by our registrar auditor and the system is working smoothly. I am looking for resources to help me with figuring out the implementation of the details of certain sections of AS9120 (which I have read thoroughly) (converting the standard into 'what does it actually look like day to day'). As I am not very familiar with the aviation field, the details and specifics are all new to me.

I don't need a consultant, that is basically what I am (although I am now an employee). I have reached out to our registrar (haven't been assigned an AS9120 auditor yet) - but the answers to my specific questions are slow to come back and I need to more forward on this.
I have looked online for training sessions (but they are either extremely expensive or too broad for what I need).
I have looked at IAQG.org which has been extremely helpful - but it is generally for AS9100, not AS9120.

I have searched the internet and found the AS9120 store which offers QMS packages. Has anyone ever used them and are they useful or worth the money ? (I apologize if this is not something that we are allowed to ask - please disregard / delete this question if that is the case)
Are there any other resources (books, websites...) that could be of use.

Thank you very much for all of your support and help !
I am very glad that Elsmar is here as it is a great resource !
Susan Brown

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Susan atSLAMResource

Starting to get Involved
Sidney,
Thank you very much for reminding me about this section. It isn't exactly what I am looking for but is helpful for clarifications on some items.
Every little bit helps !
Thank you very much !
Susan

Big Jim

Super Moderator
As a consultant that has helped many companies obtain ISO 9001, AS9100, and AS9120 certification I can say that the canned packages that many start out with are not of much help. When I'm asked to come in and help someone that started out with such kits, I have found it much more effective to start over rather than try to untangle what they tried to do on their own.

Besides the resource that Sidney pointed out, there are resources here. AS9120 is not quite as popular as AS9100, but there is still a lot of help here. Besides searching for answers, you can always ask questions about a specific topic and get comments from others that have already been through it.

I should ask, are you sure that AS9120 is the right standard for you? AS9120 is for distributorships. If you perform, or have performed for you, any value added work that is not under your customer's direction, AS9120 is not the correct standard. For example if you are a metal distributor and you on your own speclation send out metal to be forged or heat treated, you cannot get registered to AS9120. AS9100 would be better. If in this example the customer wanted you to have it forged or heat treated you could be AS9120 certified.

Susan atSLAMResource

Starting to get Involved
Big Jim,

Thank you very much for the information (you confirmed what I believe about the prefab kits - was asking just in case this was the solution that everyone was using for some reason...).

I will post specific questions about sections of AS9120 that I am not sure how to handle or haven't quite deciphered.

Re your question regarding is this the correct standard - we are only going to be buying, stocking, splitting lots and selling small stainless steel / aluminum fittings.... so I am pretty sure AS9120 is the right way to go....
(Our company does do design and manufacturing - but NOT for Aeronautics, more for commercial applications and CSA B51 / ASME B31.1 ASME B31.3 - hose assemblies and fittings - but we will not be venturing into the manufacturing / design portion of Aeronautics - at least for the near / medium future, 10 years).

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge !
Susan Brown

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N AS9120 9.2.2 Objectivity? Dispute AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
C AS9120 or AS9100 Cert pertaining to inventory? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
N From 0 to AS9120 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
T Was Just told we could ONLY buy material for AS9100 customers if the DISTRIBUTION house is AS9100 / AS9120 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
Q AS9120 7.5.3.2 Control of Documented Information - Audit Nonconformance AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 20
Q AS9120 Vendor of ESD Monitoring Equipment needs to be in the Approved Supplier List? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
A AS9120 External Provider Registry Scope of Approvals AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
howste AS9120 Rev B has been released and is available for purchase - November 2016 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
B AS9120 Internal Audit Scheduling & Planning AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
M Does AS9120 (aerospace first article inspection) apply to all customers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
H AS9120 stockist now able to work with Airbus sub contractors? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
G AS9120 Purchase Department Performance Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
G AS9120 - What should we be expecting once we set forth into becoming certified? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
TrivialSublime TUV Rheinland voluntarily suspending their ANAB accreditation to AS9100/AS9120. Registrars and Notified Bodies 19
N Do I need to certify to AS9100 or AS9120? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
J Verification of AC0056A requirement during AS9120 audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
P Parts Salvage, Overhaul and Resale - AS9120 Registration question AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
L Registration to AS9120 Rev. A timeline AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
C As9120 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M Purchasing Process - AS9120 Clause 7.4.1 - What do they want?! AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
Sidney Vianna AS9120 Revision A has been released AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
M AS9120 Requirements for for Freight Forwarders (eg no batch splitting) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M AS9120 Certification Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
A New AS9120 Questions - Distributor - Is 7.5.1 applicable? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
F Should I remove references to AS9120 / ISO 9001 from my Quality Manual and QMS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
S AS9120 Request AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
V Interesting quiz, case studies or exercises for AS9120 needed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
V Has AS9120:2002 been replaced by AS9120:2005? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
V What Training is Required to be a Qualified AS9120 Internal Auditor AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
Sidney Vianna AS9120 - Should planning of product realization be excluded? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A Upgrading from ISO9001:2000 to AS9120 - Difficulties? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 17
V Can anyone explain the extra requirements of AS9120 vs. AS9100? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
Marc AS9120 - Designed for aerospace suppliers known as "stockist distributors" Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
P EN/AS9100 vs. EN/AS9120 - Can we be both? EN/AS9100 Requirements Exceed EN/AS9120? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
Sidney Vianna AS9003 and AS9120 - First Accredited Registrars for AS9003 and AS9120. Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
Sidney Vianna AS/EN/SJAC AS9120 - Aerospace Requirements for Stockist Distributors - Now available AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
S Is it okay to store the design files (device drawings) at contract manufacturer location? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
X Acceptable methods to store and archive records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
T Can incoming and outgoing areas be allocated inside the store? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
D So, who's minding the store? Forum News and General Information 2
J How does your organization store documents for Class I and Class II Medical Devices? Benchmarking 4
B Temperature/Humidity inside a store Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 7
J Best way to store NCP and CAR and PAR Records Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 3
V IATF Auditor Guide for TS 16949 for sale at the AIAG store IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Thermal Mapping Concepts - Drug store with dimensions 75m x25m x13m General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
O Should we store Master Samples pending final approval by Customers? APQP and PPAP 9
I GMP Stores qualification/validation plan or protocol - New Store requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J Auditing Incoming Materials (Store) - No Procedures nor Inspection carried out. Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 10
Marc Tesla Motors has opened their first retail store World News 0
R TS Requirements for Warehouses - We store customer owned shipping containers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7