AS9120 - What should we be expecting once we set forth into becoming certified?

G

gsara

Good afternoon everyone,

New to the site. So much information. I work for a company who will be a first time AS9120 Certified. I have read the standard. What should we be expecting once we set forth into becoming certified?

I am very grateful for any information.

Thank you,

G

Big Jim

Admin
Re: AS9120 Help!!

What a loaded question. Far too much to easily and quickly answer.

Besides reading AS9120A, get a copy of the standard that you will be audited by, AS9101D (or 9101E if it will take you a few months to be ready, as AS9101D is about to be replaced). This will give you a view of what auditors will be looking for.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions

Good afternoon everyone,

New to the site. So much information. I work for a company who will be a first time AS9120 Certified. I have read the standard. What should we be expecting once we set forth into becoming certified?

Thank you,

G

I agree with Big Jim. It is a loaded question so let me throw back at you.

What are you looking (or expectation) from AS9120 to do for your Processes?

Let us know how we could guide you through the process and yes... get a copy of AS9101D (so you know where the auditor should take you and for you to understand what to expect.

Learn to look at your processes (On Time delivery from supplier, customers and internal and Quality) and see what your process is capable of doing - then add continual Improvement and keep pushing everyone to work as a team.

G

gsara

Thank you both for the reply!!

I knew it was a very broad question to start off with. Just feel overwhelmed on this task.

I will definitely start by reading the AS9101 rev E.

Thank you again,

G

DannyK

Trusted Information Resource

Good afternoon everyone,

Thank you,

G

What type of distribution?

As mentioned before- read the standard - determine the scope & exclusions and arrange your processes
As an AS9120 lead auditor and consultant I usually find that the following processes apply:

Management
Distribution
Order
Purchasing
Improvement

There are several additional requirements in AS9120 that you pay attention to including traceability, splits and original certificates.

If you have any other specific questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

I hope this helps.

G

gsara

After reading some information on the AS9101D and E, as far as being the updated version should I stick with one over the other because D has a checklist?

Big Jim

Admin

After reading some information on the AS9101D and E, as far as being the updated version should I stick with one over the other because D has a checklist?

D does have a checklist and thankfully E finally does away with it.

That said, the checklist can be a useful tool for internal use.

Other than obtaining the checklist, you would be best served by becoming familiar with the newest version. Don't forget to obtain the forms too, as they are seperate with E.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions

OK... just out of curiosity. Where are you in this process?

Gathering information
Gap Analysis
Internal audits
Developing processes and metrics (Clause 8.4 - as a minimum)
waiting for registrar preliminary review
or
waiting for registration audit.

G

gsara

At this moment we are gathering all the information.

Thank you again.

g

V

VLAD LP

Hello,
Organization I am working for is starting new distribution chain for aviation parts and in order to start operations we must have AS9120 certification. I just started my training as an internal auditor and we are looking at all information. So far we were provided with AS9120A copy and I feeling overwhelmed and lost a little with all that staff considering that organization technically does not exist yet. Hope to find some information and support here.

Top Bottom