AS9120A to AS9120B transition

wbrand

Starting to get Involved
Good afternoon everyone,

New to the site. So much information. I work for a Aerospace Dist. company who has transition from AS9120A to AS9120B just over a month ago. Looks like we got hit with a couple findings and I (an ex QA manager) have been appointed to take lead in correcting the findings as our current QA manager is on a family leave. I have a copy of the AS9120B standard but besides that, what would anyone recommend to use as a checklist to verify if our QMS was set up to meet the REV.B requirements? We have recently fired our consultant as they did a very poor job in setting everything up. Our procedures were written up with references to AS9100 in them. Also, would anyone know to what standard did the auditor audit us to? I want to have a copy of that standard as well for future references. Do you guys recommend AS9120store.com for docs, forms etc.? All in all i want to get our QMS running smoothly for our next surveillance audit set for Sept.2018.

I am very grateful for any information.

Thank you,

W

DannyK

Trusted Information Resource
Hi,

If your QMS was working for AS9120 rev A, there is no great need to change everything.

The main additions are for the context of the organization, risk based thinking, etc...

Before buying anything, I would suggest you go to the IAQG website at IAQG: Requirements

If there is any other more specific question, I would be glad to help. Please send me a PM.

I am an AS9100/AS9120 consultant and a AEA lead assessor for AS9100D/AS9120B.

wbrand

Starting to get Involved
Hi Danny,

Looks like i'm set up to pm just yet so can I just post this here?

Thank you for reaching out. I have a few questions regarding 7.3 Awareness.

1. Would type of training record would the auditor look for?

2. Where would i maintained the information?

3. How would new personnel be indoctrinated?

Any info will definitely help. Thank you

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Good afternoon everyone,

New to the site. So much information. I work for a Aerospace Dist. company who has transition from AS9120A to AS9120B just over a month ago. Looks like we got hit with a couple findings and I (an ex QA manager) have been appointed to take lead in correcting the findings as our current QA manager is on a family leave. I have a copy of the AS9120B standard but besides that, what would anyone recommend to use as a checklist to verify if our QMS was set up to meet the REV.B requirements? We have recently fired our consultant as they did a very poor job in setting everything up. Our procedures were written up with references to AS9100 in them. Also, would anyone know to what standard did the auditor audit us to? I want to have a copy of that standard as well for future references. Do you guys recommend AS9120store.com for docs, forms etc.? All in all i want to get our QMS running smoothly for our next surveillance audit set for Sept.2018.

I am very grateful for any information.

Thank you,

W

So it looks like you are already to AS9120B once you take care of the NCR.

It also appears that your consultant used a checklist???
and, they probably gave a copy of AS9120B???

and your document appear to be correct - no changes for documentation.

SO, sign on to OASIS, and go to the Supply Chain Management Handbook (SCMH) Supply Chain Management Handbook - Terms of Use

and checkout the support material for AS9100 and AS9120 on the AIQG website - IAQG: Requirements and IAQG: Requirements

wbrand

Starting to get Involved
Hi There,

Yes, we are pending AS9120B certificate once the NCR's have been accepted. As for the checklist, i sent an email to our consultant requesting a copy. Yes, I currently have the AS9120B standard with me. Would that checklist help guide me in making sure ALL our P-docs were revised to meet the standard correctly? I know that the rev B requirements are in "bold" on the standard but i'm sure the checklist will help point out rev B changes quicker. Thank you for your reply.

Top Bottom