ASME B89.6.2 - Temperature and Humidity Environment for Dimensional Measurements

B

BOBSKY

Our objective in the near future is to be compliant to the latest requirements, I have heard 50% humidity is spec. for ambient temp of 65 to 75 degrees does anyone know where this is written? our lab is 21 c and usually around 23% humidity, how many dollars required to bump to 50% if required? and contacts in Ontario Canada.

THANKS BOBSKY.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

TorqueGuy

I have found some ISO specs for test and calibration that state required temperature but not humidity. I think it depends on the type of M&T's being performed. What are you calibrating?

D

David Drue Stauffer

Hi,
If you would acquire ASME B89.6.2 entitled " Temperature and Humidity Environment for Dimensional Measurement", I think this will answer your questions.
Dave.

Y

Yew Seng Chuan

Hi
I am Yew, we also facing the same problem.
Our auditor asking us how our company setup the temperature and humidity for inhouse calibration laboratory.
Our temperature setting are 23 +/- 2°C
Humidity setting : 55 +/-10% RH.
Do any one have any reference regarding laboratory temp and humidity specification to be share.
I also found under NCSL laoboratory design them only mention about temperature control for laboratory. 23°c for electrical laboratory.

Regards,
Yew Seng Chuan.

Y

Yew Seng Chuan

Harry
Noted and thank for advice.
Do any one have reference such as below.
1.ASME B89.6.2 or
2.NCSL Recommended Practice RP-7: Laboratory Design
I need them be my reference to determine my inhouse calibration laboratory temperature and humidity setting.
I try to seach through internet the reference above, but unable to get.

Thank.

Regards,

harry

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum.

The ASME standard should be copyrighted and hence you can't find any in the web but I am not too sure about RP-7.

We do have 2 other threads where you should be able to gather bits and pieces of info:

Calibration Environment - Micrometers - NCSL RP 7 - Laboratory Design

Environmental Conditions for Calibration - Temperature and Humidity‎

An a2la link is provided in one of the post. Use it to see if you can access RP-7, otherwise they are available from sellers like SAI.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D New ASME B89.1.13-2013 Standard for Micrometers General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
G Dial Indicator Calibration Frequency - ASME/ANSI B89.1.10M-1987 Calibration Frequency (Interval) 4
N ASME B89.1.13 question regarding Resolution and Maximum Permissible Error General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Q Dial Indicator Verification Procedure - ANSI/ASME B89.1.10M-2001 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
M Is ASME B89.1.5 a standard? Measurement of master discs or cylindrical plug gages Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 10
M New Gage Block Tolerances - ASME B89.1.9 Tolerances and Grades General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
J Painted cut threads - ASME Pipe Suppliers Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
GoKats78 ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing - Is there a JIS equivalent to Y14.5? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
optomist1 ASME Y14.5 Irregular vs Regular Features of Size Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
O What does "Gap" and "Flush" in ASME Y14.5 mean? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
optomist1 Has anyone recently taken the GD&T ASME Y14.5M Certification Exam Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
C Positional Tolerance - Bonus / Datum Shift / ASME Y14.5M - Clarification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 9
K ASME BPVC (Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code) Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
L How to conduct a Quality Audit based on ASME BPVC VIII-1 requirements Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
M What Preceded ANSI/ASME Y14.5? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
M ANSI/ASME B1.2 Revision Changes from the 2001 version Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
L ASME Y14.5 Coaxial Feature Toleranced with Position w/o Reference Datum Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
D ASME Y14.5M 1994 and 2009 Training Resources Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
R ASME of Sterilizers from China for the US Dental Industry China Medical Device Regulations 3
D Auxiliary View Fold Line convention in ASME standard? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
optomist1 ASME GD&T Certification Test - Converting Coordinate Tolerances to Profile Tolerances Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
G ASME Y14.5-2009 on tolerance limits Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
optomist1 Is ASME GD&T Technologist Certification worthwhile? Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
M ASME B1.13M Standard - Specification of a Plug Gage of Minor Diamateter Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
T Dimensions Before or After Coating? Drawing states ASME Y14.100 and Y14.5 apply Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
G ANSI & ASME regardless of Maximum Material Condition when none is specified Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
M ASME-NQA-1-2008 - Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 8
R Distribution of Reference Documents and ASME Codes Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
R Standard Relevance & Updating - ASME B&PVC Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
T ASME NQA-1-1994 Standard Supplement 17S-1: Dual Storage Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
M ASME NQA-1 and Interface Control Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 34
M ASME NQA-1-1994 Standards - Struggling with the supplement references Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 16
Stijloor ASME Y14.5M-2009 is on its way! Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 10
T Nuclear Liability - Supplying construction materials - ASME under NCA 3800 Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
J Measurement Over Wires - Is there an ISO equivalent of ASME B1.16m Appendix B? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
D GD&T and "Fixed Fastener formula" (ASME Y14.5) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
I European Code (EN13445) vs. ASME VIII - Calculating Spherical Heads Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
K PED (Pressure Equipment Directive) Certification - We hold an ASME 'S' stamp CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 11
M ANSI-Y14.5M vs. ASME-Y14.5M - Does an ANSI-Y14.5M-1994 document actually exist? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 9
D Drafting Conventions per ASME Y14.5m - Three significant digits rule Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 12
O Environmental conditions per ASME NQA-1 2000 QA records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
ScottK ASME B&PVC Section VIII Div 1 question regarding "Seal" Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
A Rights of Access per ASME/NQA-1 2000 Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 17
ScottK The term "Quality Control Manual" - ASME B&PVC question Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
A ASME Symbols (process Flow Diagrams) - GM-1805 (KCDS) shows different symbols APQP and PPAP 3
Phil P Conflicting tolerances on the component pitch - ASME Y14.5M - 1994 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 14
gard2372 Any websites or matrices to cross reference EN or DIN standards to SAE/ASME etc...? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
D ASME standard - Format for Drawing (Print) Title Block Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 7
Ron Rompen Does this print callout meet ASME Y14.5 1994 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 25
J I need a copy of ASME Y14.5m - 1994 - Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3