Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

ASME Symbols (process Flow Diagrams) - GM-1805 (KCDS) shows different symbols

A

ALFINSA

Hi to everyone, I am brand new user of this forum. I have been around for a little while but never set a new threat. Now I am here!

I am very confuse just because after read the GM-1805 (KCDS) they shows a different symbols inthe flow diagram example. Now I am wondering if I should use the synbologu shown at the GM-1805 ) just because it is a GM's CSP or keep using the one that I have been using the last six years.

Can anybody help me clearing this issue? Or anyone have a document with the current symbols? Thanks in advance. :bonk:

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Asme Symbols (process Flow Diagrams)

ALFINSA said:
Hi to everyone, I am brand new user of this forum. I have been around for a little while but never set a new threat. Now I am here!

I am very confuse just because after read the GM-1805 (KCDS) they shows a different symbols inthe flow diagram example. Now I am wondering if I should use the synbologu shown at the GM-1805 ) just because it is a GM's CSP or keep using the one that I have been using the last six years.

Can anybody help me clearing this issue? Or anyone have a document with the current symbols? Thanks in advance. :bonk:
Welcome and thanks for your first post.

Usually in my opinion , you would use the Flow Chart Symbols that are recognized, but than if this is a specifc requirement of GM then that would need to be considered.

How much work/jobs represent GM's? (Just to get further clarification)

Coury Ferguson

A

ALFINSA

Re: Asme Symbols (process Flow Diagrams)

Coury,
Thanks for your sooner response. I really appreciate it!!.

GM is our biggest client. I want to be sure if any change have been made. I already found the ASME symbology and the problem is that there is an inconsistency egarding the FAB symbol. The example uses a diamond and the ASME uses a circle. What I suppoust to use?

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Welcome from me as well.
If you have been using your version with no problem up till now, I would continue unless there is a specific requirement from GM.
But are you sure that what you have from ASME is in fact the current document
All I could find at ASME is
Y32.11 - 1961 Graphic Symbols For Process Flow Diagrams In Petroleum And Chemical Industries

This standard is no longer an American National Standard or an ASME approved standard as of February 11, 2003. It is available for historical reference only.

Graphic Symbols Standards

Top Bottom