SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

ASME Y14.5M 1994 and 2009 Training Resources

Danny Hoover

Involved In Discussions
Good day,
I am looking for some recommendations for books, classes, videos, or any other ideas to help train the group of people I am working with about GD&T, application, understanding and use. I have attended several seminars, have quite a few books from different authors, but I am thinking a video course that I could use to train may be the answer.
I will be working with engineers, lab personnel, management and the understanding ranges from none to average.
If anyone has used a course to train staff, I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks!
DH

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
Re: ASME Y14.5M 1994 and 2009 training

Hi Danny,

From my first hand experience I highly recommend the GD&T products; books, online course etc offered by Alex Krulilowski & ETI, the website is etinews.com.

I have completed the Basics of GD&T (online) and the Advanced Concepts of GD&T (book), as well as the Basics of GD&T workbook. These products do an excellent job of teaching and explaining the entirety of ASME Y14.5M - 1994, including the many vague or somewhat incomplete parts.

Let me know if have any questions.....I am preparing to take the ASME Technologist Exam....ETI has a great LinkedIn group as well.

Regards,
Marty

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: ASME Y14.5M 1994 and 2009 training

Good day,
I am looking for some recommendations for books, classes, videos, or any other ideas to help train the group of people I am working with about GD&T, application, understanding and use. I have attended several seminars, have quite a few books from different authors, but I am thinking a video course that I could use to train may be the answer.
I will be working with engineers, lab personnel, management and the understanding ranges from none to average.
If anyone has used a course to train staff, I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks!
DH
Danny,

I am a GD&T Consultant/Trainer. Send me a PM.

Stijloor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M ANSI-Y14.5M vs. ASME-Y14.5M - Does an ANSI-Y14.5M-1994 document actually exist? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 9
P Conflicting tolerances on the component pitch - ASME Y14.5M - 1994 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 14
Ron Rompen Does this print callout meet ASME Y14.5 1994 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 25
J I need a copy of ASME Y14.5m - 1994 - Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
P FAI Ballooning ASME Y14.5 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
GoKats78 ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing - Is there a JIS equivalent to Y14.5? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
optomist1 ASME Y14.5 Irregular vs Regular Features of Size Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
O What does "Gap" and "Flush" in ASME Y14.5 mean? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
optomist1 Has anyone recently taken the GD&T ASME Y14.5M Certification Exam Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
C Positional Tolerance - Bonus / Datum Shift / ASME Y14.5M - Clarification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 9
M What Preceded ANSI/ASME Y14.5? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
L ASME Y14.5 Coaxial Feature Toleranced with Position w/o Reference Datum Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
G ASME Y14.5-2009 on tolerance limits Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
T Dimensions Before or After Coating? Drawing states ASME Y14.100 and Y14.5 apply Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
Stijloor ASME Y14.5M-2009 is on its way! Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 10
D GD&T and "Fixed Fastener formula" (ASME Y14.5) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
D Drafting Conventions per ASME Y14.5m - Three significant digits rule Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 12
Marc Definition Critical Characteristic Symbol - ASME Y14.100 Standard (Engineering Drawing Practice) Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 8
K ASME, ANSI, ASTM and similar specifications and their requirements for document control. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
C Budgetary cost to obtain ASME NQA-1 Quality Program Certification Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 0
J Painted cut threads - ASME Pipe Suppliers Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
D New ASME B89.1.13-2013 Standard for Micrometers General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
K ASME BPVC (Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code) Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
L How to conduct a Quality Audit based on ASME BPVC VIII-1 requirements Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
M ANSI/ASME B1.2 Revision Changes from the 2001 version Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
G Dial Indicator Calibration Frequency - ASME/ANSI B89.1.10M-1987 Calibration Frequency (Interval) 4
R ASME of Sterilizers from China for the US Dental Industry China Medical Device Regulations 3
D Auxiliary View Fold Line convention in ASME standard? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
optomist1 ASME GD&T Certification Test - Converting Coordinate Tolerances to Profile Tolerances Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
optomist1 Is ASME GD&T Technologist Certification worthwhile? Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
M ASME B1.13M Standard - Specification of a Plug Gage of Minor Diamateter Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
G ANSI & ASME regardless of Maximum Material Condition when none is specified Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
M ASME-NQA-1-2008 - Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 8
R Distribution of Reference Documents and ASME Codes Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
N ASME B89.1.13 question regarding Resolution and Maximum Permissible Error General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
R Standard Relevance & Updating - ASME B&PVC Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
T ASME NQA-1-1994 Standard Supplement 17S-1: Dual Storage Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
Q Dial Indicator Verification Procedure - ANSI/ASME B89.1.10M-2001 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
M ASME NQA-1 and Interface Control Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 34
M ASME NQA-1-1994 Standards - Struggling with the supplement references Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 16
T Nuclear Liability - Supplying construction materials - ASME under NCA 3800 Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
J Measurement Over Wires - Is there an ISO equivalent of ASME B1.16m Appendix B? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
I European Code (EN13445) vs. ASME VIII - Calculating Spherical Heads Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
K PED (Pressure Equipment Directive) Certification - We hold an ASME 'S' stamp CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 11
M Is ASME B89.1.5 a standard? Measurement of master discs or cylindrical plug gages Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 10
O Environmental conditions per ASME NQA-1 2000 QA records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
ScottK ASME B&PVC Section VIII Div 1 question regarding "Seal" Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
M New Gage Block Tolerances - ASME B89.1.9 Tolerances and Grades General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
A Rights of Access per ASME/NQA-1 2000 Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 17
ScottK The term "Quality Control Manual" - ASME B&PVC question Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2