ASN verification - 4.15.6.4 - Verify that all ASNs match shipping documents and label

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
I promised my ex-coworkers I'd see if I could come up with some information for them....

They received a nonconformance (surveillance audit) stating that they were not complying to the statement 4.15.6.4, "The supplier shall verify that all ASNs match shipping documents and labels."

Their process (documented) is that
1) a loading order is generated with all the bundle information in it. All bundles are applied to the order as they are produced, so the loading order only requests material applied to the order.
2) shippers stage/load the order using the loading orders and verifying each bundle as it is applied.
3) shipping coordinator gets the completed loading order after the load is put together and verifies that all the bundles were correct and all the data in the computer is correct.
4) ASN is transmitted using that computer data, directly out of their allocation file into the customer's system. The ASNs include CoC, bills of lading, etc.

I think that they are doing the verification when the shipping coordinator checks the completed loading orders and should be in compliance. There are no customer complaints, internal audit findings, or internal CA/PAs that show any problem whatsoever with the system as is. If the customers feel they are getting the right information, should anything more be done at this point?

Please help me out, I've been out of the QS game for the past year. Thanks in advance!

A

Al Dyer

SM,

Sounds as if the auditor has a bug up his/her ass and needed something to complain about.

Who in the hell can issue a C/A when the company decides how they verify the shall statement.

This one really grabs my *****, A company has to have someone enter all the ASN info then print it and go check each container that goes on a truck?????????

Then after verified hit the "send" key?

I've been with companies that send hundreds of containers a day. How many people would it take to check each bin labels, even worse if they a bar coded labels.

:mad:

Enough of my soapboxing, Call the registrar, customer and see what their position is.

Good luck, be forcefull, and fight it!:thedeal:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Thanks Bud! I feel that way too, and that was my advice to them, but I told them I'd see if I could get some input to verify my thoughts.

:bigwave:

Top Bottom