Aspects and Impacts Master List - ISO 14001

S

sherry_faty

hi guys...

i'm in the civil and structure environment...(our product is drawing and supervision)

may i know is it suitable that we have an aspect and impact on our product which is drawing

and i don't know how to start on making list aspect impact for drawing...

thank you

A

antena

Hello All,
I am struggling a bit (or I am not smart enough :confused:) with environmental aspects, impact, severity, prob. Hope I can get more clarification from here and i really appreciate your reply.
While identifying the aspect I considered the process that could generate the environmental impact.
What do you think? Thanks for any replies.
antena

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pmg-20130220

Impact - The effect of the aspect on the environment - harmful or beneficial
Example: Impact: Tree population is maintained and all benefits of trees are sustained.
Environmental Aspect - Element of an organization's activities, products or services that can interact with the environment.
Environmental Impact - Any change to the environment, whether adverse or beneficial, wholly or partially resulting from an organization's activities, products or services.

S

Sandy S

Randy
Maybe you could help me decide... I am certified ISO14001. I have my Master Aspects and Impacts list. I am not responsible for purchasing and franlky do not want to sign every purchase req. But how to I control new items being purchased? How would I be sure it gets back to me to add to the list if it is a new item? Confused... I am only one person.

S

Sandy S

Could someone help with my current situation??... I am certified ISO14001. I have my Master Aspects and Impacts list. I am not responsible for purchasing and franlky do not want to sign every purchase req. But how to I control new items being purchased? How would I be sure it gets back to me to add to the list if it is a new item? Confused... I am only one person

Randy

Super Moderator
You may not like my answer but here goes...Absolutely nowhere does ISO 14001 require signing purchase requests, so if you are required to do that then it's a poison you (the organization) selected and it will eventually kill you

The requirement is clearly stated in 4.3.1 and it roughly comes down to, identify what you use, make or do that can impact the environment (aspects), determine which of those may be the most important to you based upon your criteria and methodology (significant aspects), come up with some type of way to monitor, measure and control them(4.5.1 & 4.4.6) and then record the results of the process (4.5.4)...How you do it is your business and only has to work for you

Now, some of this may already be done when you meet regulatory requirements such as those prescribed by OSHA and the EPA, because you gotta look at MSDS's and such for materials used in the workplace.

One of the easiest ways that I've seen to tackle your problem is through the generation of an authorized materials list (if it's listed it comes in, if not then it has to reviewed) and an unauthorized materials list (if it's listed it doesn't come in at all). These 2 lists help to reduce the work burden for folks.

Does this help?

Top Bottom