Aspects and Impacts Master List - ISO 14001

T

tigerfan51

Re: ISO 14001 - Master list of Aspects and Impacts

I agree with others - there is no such thing as a universal aspects list.

For manufacturing facilities most aspects fall into one of three categories:'

1 - Stuff that you use - electrificy, natural gas, water ...
2 - Stuff you don't want to happen - spills, unplanned releases ....
3 - The Wastes you produce as a result of day to day operations - waste water, air emissions, garbage, scrap, used oils, scrap cardboard ...

Category 1 can be prefaced by "use of"
Category 2 can be expressed as "potential spill of oil"
Category 3 usually has one of 20+ adjectives attached to it - used, dirty, soiled, contaminated, broken, damaged, empty, surplus, obsolete, radioactive, spent, waste, oily, scrap, depleted, old, worn, spoiled, superseded, stained

M

meo786

1 - Stuff that you use - electrificy, natural gas, water ...
3 - The Wastes you produce as a result of day to day operations - waste water, air emissions, garbage, scrap, used oils, scrap cardboard ...

Category 3 usually has one of 20+ adjectives attached to it - used, dirty, soiled, contaminated, broken, damaged, empty, surplus, obsolete, radioactive, spent, waste, oily, scrap, depleted, old, worn, spoiled, superseded, stained
nice guide,

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

Quint,

I agree with other posters here that there can't really be a master list of aspects. This will vary from industry to industry and specifically with what the business actually does.

But I found the following list extremely useful as a guidleline when going through all the businesses processes to identify the aspects prior to running a two dimensional risk analysis over them before putting them into an Environmental Effects Register for the management.

"Environmental effects to be addressed shall cover present and future, and actual and potential effects, and shall include, but not be limited to, the following issues:
• Spills to land or water;
• Accidental discharges to the environment;
• Emissions to air and odours;
• Environmental noise;
• Heritage conservation;
• Greenhouse effect;
• Ozone-layer gases;
• Ecosystem protection;
• Contaminated land and remediation."

Clearly some may not apply to your business. Hope it's of some value to you. :D

1 - Stuff that you use - electricity, natural gas, water ...

We're coming up with a generic list and suggestions. Thanks, everyone!

R

rivgnesh

Re: Aspect Impact Registar

thanx manoj mathur sir but i need the legal registers maintained for TNPCB or statutory requirement to be fulfilled for an industry similar to yours. plspost details with relevant environment si,ilar to ur company

M

Marty50

This may be of help to some folks.

I went back to revisit the operation of a brick making kiln and came up with a generic set of aspects for that sort of operation.

This is a draft or work in progress.

I included the sales and distribution but deliberately excluded the clay extraction as I want to treat that separately later and in more detail.

But it does give an idea how to approach the problem for an industry.

Attachments

• TYPICAL BRICK MAKING PROCESS.pdf
    114.4 KB · Views: 836
Last edited by a moderator:

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource

....came up with a generic set of aspects for that sort of operation. ....This is a draft or work in progress.

That is a nice piece of work!

Clean and simple, easy and fast to read and understand.

Obviously a lot of work went into it to get it this way, thanks for sharing!

C

Citizen Kane

Hi !

I don't know of any standardization centralized in a Master List. On our site, we defined our own points to follow. Of course, you must take the standard as a reference, but there is no specific Master List coming from the standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom