ASQ Certification Handbook is available

Wesley Richardson

Wes R
Trusted Information Resource
The ASQ Certification Handbook is available at:

http://www.asq.org/pdf/certification/certification-handbook.pdf

It provides information about exam questions, the grading process, types of questions, cut score, and reporting of results, along with other useful information for people taking a certification exam.

You must log in to be able to access this file.

(Thank Wes Bucey)

Wes R.

Added in edit:
Please note the copyright permission:
©2007 ASQ AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR QUALITY
Certification Handbook
ASQ grants permission for individuals to use this handbook as a means to prepare for the formal examination. This handbook may be printed, reproduced, and used for non-commercial, personal, or educational purposes only, provided that (i) the handbook text is not modified, and (ii) ASQ’s copyright notice is included. The user assumes all risks of copyright infringement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: ASQ Certification Handbook

Thanks, Wes! I made this thread a "FAQ" thread (means it will stay near the top of the Professional Certifications and Degrees Forum.)

Finally, ASQ is making information "bunched together" instead of scattered throughout the ASQ website. I was really struck by the clear lucid explanation of the "cut score" - much better than previous attempts I have seen.

I suggest folks check this document if contemplating taking one of the ASQ certification exams.

For others who have a bias against the certifications, it is important to remember individuals make their own choices whether to take or avoid certification. Our goal here in the Cove is to assure free access to information to make an informed decision.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Re: ASQ Certification Handbook

Thanks, Wes! I made this thread a "FAQ" thread (means it will stay near the top of the Professional Certifications and Degrees Forum.)

Finally, ASQ is making information "bunched together" instead of scattered throughout the ASQ website. I was really struck by the clear lucid explanation of the "cut score" - much better than previous attempts I have seen.

I suggest folks check this document if contemplating taking one of the ASQ certification exams.

For others who have a bias against the certifications, it is important to remember individuals make their own choices whether to take or avoid certification. Our goal here in the Cove is to assure free access to information to make an informed decision.
For the record, my "bias" is not against the certifications per se, but against the way they're marketed by ASQ. I think this is a good addition to the Cove database, and thank both Wes's for adding it. I'm sure it'll be helpful to many.

Joe Ren

Starting to get Involved
Great information, I want to prepare and join an exam for certification, I believe it is very useful for me. From I know, it is not easy to pass this exam, really?

Anyway, I will try. One purpose is let me deeply know quality, and quality knowledge. on the other hand, maybe it is usefull for job opportunity.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P ASQ Certified Biomedical Auditor (CBA) Certification Preparation 2019 ASQ - American Society for Quality 3
A Any recommendation for ASQ's CPGP (Pharmaceutical GMP Professional) Certification exam questions? ASQ - American Society for Quality 2
J ASQ Chicago Training Institute - If any of you are interesting in teaching ASQ Certification preparation ASQ - American Society for Quality 1
D ASQ CMQ/OE Certification - Share your thoughts ASQ - American Society for Quality 3
P ASQ Certified Supplier Quality Professional is the certification worth it? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
R The on-line re-certification option on ASQ's website Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
H RABQSA ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor or ASQ CQA - Which certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Q Question about 2012 ASQ CQE certification primer vs 2006 primer Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
D Which ASQ Certification should I start with? Career and Occupation Discussions 9
H Choosing between RABQSA Lead Auditor or ASQ CQA Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
G IQF Six Sigma DMAIC Certification vs. ASQ Certification Six Sigma 4
V Presentation and Question about ASQ's Six Sigma Certification Six Sigma 5
V Best Six Sigma certification agencies in India vs. Online ASQ certification course Professional Certifications and Degrees 12
G ASQ CQA Certification vs. RABQSA or IRCA Lead Auditor Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
T ASQ Certification Testing Book and Study Guide recommendations wanted Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 7
Q ASQ's CMQ Certification - Training Costs and Benefits Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
H Passing the ASQ Certification Tests - One method that works for me Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
hogheavenfarm Test taking time? Passing the ASQ Certification Tests Imported Legacy Blogs 14
Q ASQ CQM (Certified Quality Manager)/OE Certification Exam Preparation Materials Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
Govind Test Run: Improve Your Chances of Passing an ASQ Certification Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
S ASQ - Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
W Where to buy referenced standards - ASQ Biomedical Auditor Certification - CBA exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
Govind ASQ Pharmaceutical GMP Professional Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 10
M Planning for ASQ certification - How & Where to start. Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
W ASQ Lean Division - Lean Certification program is on HOLD (June 2007) ASQ - American Society for Quality 3
ScottK Good Luck to anyone sitting for an ASQ Certification exam tomorrow. Professional Certifications and Degrees 21
Govind ASQ Certification Renamed: CMI to CQI Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
ScottK RABQSA Certification for ASQ CQA's - Some Questions Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
L Study Materials for Preparing for ASQ Certification Exams Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 6
RoxaneB Certified Performance Technologist - How does it compare to an ASQ certification? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
Govind Certified Six Sigma Green Belt - A New ASQ Certification is Coming! Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
A ASQ certification Renamed - Manager of Quality / Organizational Excellence Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
H ASQ Certification Exam Pass Rates - Per QCI Professional Certifications and Degrees 14
Wes Bucey ASQ Certification - necessary to maintain? Career and Occupation Discussions 13
Govind CQPA (Certified Quality Process Analyst) - NEW ASQ Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
Z ASQ or RAB Auditor Certification - Which is Better? ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
Govind ASQ Certification Exam: Tips, Trips and Traps Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
gard2372 Approved Statistical Calculator for ASQ Certification Exams Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
gard2372 Good Statistics Calculator for ASQ Certification Exams Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
Govind ASQ Certification Exams Definitions Sheet Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
G Why a CQE certification? Who should become an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer? Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
Govind ASQ Professional Certification Rates are Going Up Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
A Quality Council of Indiana - ASQ's CQE and CQA Certification exam materials Professional Certifications and Degrees 23
Govind ASQ's CQM, CRE and CSQE Certification - NEW - Sample exams Professional Certifications and Degrees 25
M Need Advice About Proving the Value of ASQ Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
Marc ASQ (American Society for Quality) Certification Exams - Any Real Value? Professional Certifications and Degrees 28
S ASQ's CQT (Certified Quality Technician) Certification - Is it worth taking the test? Professional Certifications and Degrees 9
S Is using ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008 the correct sampling plan to determine Pass/Fail of Apparel measurements? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
E Preparing for the ASQ CPGP (GMP professional exam), how to revise and remember the vast syllabus? ASQ - American Society for Quality 2
T ASQ CQE vs CMQ/OE Professional Certifications and Degrees 2