ASQ CQE and CSSGB; What next?

Yaz Carlz

Registered
Hi Cove Members,

I have recently got my ASQ CQE and CSSGB certifications. Where do I go from here? Will these help me grow professionally ? I have no idea.

I got these because everyone was getting them and all the job descriptions were asking for it.

I have 4 years of exp in med device and pharma as a QE. The current company I work for doesn't provide any room for growth in terms of career shift. But, when I was out of job for 6 months they gave me an opportunity to work. I have been here for 9 months now but the company is small and I can't jump up the ladder for any foreseeable future.

Do I have to make bold move and start looking for new job in senior level? Will these certifications significantly increase my chances? Will I be able to fit in senior role/management with 4 years of industry exp? I have BE in Mechanical Engineering and Masters in Industrial Engineering.

Any suggestions and opinions are much appreciated.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Welcome to The Cove! I am sorry for the delay in this response.

Of all my certifications, the CSSBB was the one that I feel most directly influenced my getting hired by a prominent medical device employer. Please try to be patient and think strategically. If you are able to do some projects while with your current employer, it would boost your resume to help you get a better position because you would be able to describe how your work benefited your employer. Those types of resume components are in demand. Then, also with these projects and more time in industry you could try for CSSBB.

I hope this helps!

Top Bottom