ASQ CQE Exam Review Workshop - Seeking Volunteers! September 2013

H

holly21

Hi All,

I'm the CQE Subcommittee Liaison and am in the process of recruiting for the CQE Exam Review Workshop that will occur September 20 and 21 (Friday and Saturday), 2013 in Milwaukee. At this time, we are seeking NEW candidates who have never participated before.

For those that are unfamiliar with this process, volunteers are asked to take the upcoming exam at home over a two week period. You submit your responses, and any concerns that you have over questions (repeats, no right answer, different answer for different industries, etc) to ASQ ahead of the workshop. Your responses aren't graded, but they are recorded and compared to what the other volunteers submitted. On February 25-26, the twelve volunteers meet at ASQ HQ in Milwaukee and review any questions that had a wide spread on responses and discuss, change the question, or delete the question and replace with another.

This is an intensive two day workshop, but it is also a great opportunity to network with other professionals, and can also be a lot of fun. All travel, hotel (for those who arent local), and meal expenses are covered by ASQ, and each participant is eligible to receive up to 2 recertification units for their participation. :cool:

If you meet the following qualifications, and are interested in volunteering, please e-mail me with your name, title, industry, location, ASQ member number, contact information, and if you have participated in a workshop previously. All information submitted is confidential and will not be distributed. Those volunteers who are selected will receive a formal invitation via e-mail.

Qualifications:

* current with your CQE Certificate
* member of ASQ
* located in North America
* willing to sign a confidentially agrement that prevents you from divulging information about the exam for a period of two years

We look for a good mix of candidates, so if you volunteer and are not formally invited, please know that your name is entered into the database of volunteers for future workshops. At this time I am only looking for people who have not participated in an ASQ CQE Exam Review Previously.

Oh by the way, I have permission from both ASQ and from Marc to post this here.

Please e-mail me if you are interested and I will pass your name on to the person who is sending out the invites.

Thanks,
Holly

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Re: ASQ CQE Exam Review Workshop - Seeking Volunteers!

If you are interested, you can contact Holly through the forum PM system or in this thread.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin

I've done a couple of these. I can vouch it's not playtime, but I still found it rewarding and personally kind of fun. Plus, it works as resume bullet for volunteer work. I found it interesting to see how much effort goes into these exams. Oh yes, they tend to let the crew into the ASQ library for access to discount texts of various kinds.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator

Holly, I am willing to volunteer. I assume the date you are referring to is not September 2011.

Member number 01056028, ASQ CQE and Fellow, reside in South Carolina.

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions

I second the idea that this is a good thing to volunteer. Milwaukee may seem like a "nowhere" place, but actually has good food and entertainment for when you are not closeted in the ASQ building.

My experience is that the various ASQ certification tests have gotten more pertinent and less culturally or gender biased over the years precisely because of this input on the tests from volunteers.

If you have the time to do this, I encourage you to apply.

H

holly21

Ah yes... thank you for correcting my blatant copy and paste from a couple of years ago.... The workshop is September 20 and 21 (Friday and Saturday), 2013.

Thanks to those who have endorsed this activity or volunteered.

Holly

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator

Oops - I have a previous commitment for the weekend of September 20, so I need to retract the volunteering. Hope to catch this the next time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
andika_untoro ASQ CQE Exam Group for Dec 2019 / Jan 2020 Preparation ASQ - American Society for Quality 18
H Seeking Volunteers for ASQ CQE Exam Review Professional Certifications and Degrees 16
R ASQ CQE Practice Exam - Do I need to score very well to pass? Professional Certifications and Degrees 17
C Are CQE refresher courses by local ASQ centers helpful in preparing for the exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
A Quality Council of Indiana - ASQ's CQE and CQA Certification exam materials Professional Certifications and Degrees 23
Y ASQ CQE and CSSGB; What next? Career and Occupation Discussions 1
T ASQ CQE vs CMQ/OE Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
Q Question about 2012 ASQ CQE certification primer vs 2006 primer Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
A ASQ CQE statistics training in Australia? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
M CQE Preparation - Classes offered by ASQ or QC Group Professional Certifications and Degrees 9
K Benefits of being an ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
S ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) June 2009 Results Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
F Is ASQ's CQE online training enough? Professional Certifications and Degrees 16
B New ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer)! Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
Tom W ASQ CQE Recertification - I might be a little short on points - What to do? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
S ASQ Recertification Units (RUs) for my CQE,CQA Recertification Journal ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 9
J ASQ's CQE Test Preparation advice? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
B ASQ's CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Test Questions Pattern Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
B My "process" for ASQ CQE Preparation Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
B The ASQ CQE Test - 24 hours till total brain meltdown Professional Certifications and Degrees 33
A ASQ - CQE does not include info about PPAP Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
G Why a CQE certification? Who should become an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer? Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
D Published ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Exams - Where can I get them? Professional Certifications and Degrees 22
L ASQ's Biomedical Auditor Course Test ASQ - American Society for Quality 1
S Is using ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008 the correct sampling plan to determine Pass/Fail of Apparel measurements? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
E Preparing for the ASQ CPGP (GMP professional exam), how to revise and remember the vast syllabus? ASQ - American Society for Quality 2
Sidney Vianna Continual decline of ASQ - can it be saved? Nov 2019 ASQ - American Society for Quality 15
L ASQ CBA biomedical auditor - CBA primer material is enough to study? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Getting training either from ASQ or from SAI Global - ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
P ASQ Certified Biomedical Auditor (CBA) Certification Preparation 2019 ASQ - American Society for Quality 3
R ASQ reference material clarification - Spiral bound materials allowed in ASQ Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
A Any recommendation for ASQ's CPGP (Pharmaceutical GMP Professional) Certification exam questions? ASQ - American Society for Quality 2
Q ASQ/ANSI Z1.4–2003 (R2018) Change Log? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
J ASQ Chicago Training Institute - If any of you are interesting in teaching ASQ Certification preparation ASQ - American Society for Quality 1
D ASQ CMQ/OE Certification - Share your thoughts ASQ - American Society for Quality 3
T ASQ Lean 6sigma BB examination Six Sigma 3
R ASQ, CQI,............where else ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
Marc ASQ Lean Six Sigma Conference March 4-5, 2019 - Phoenix, AZ ASQ - American Society for Quality 0
Bev D ASQ Lean Six Sigma Conference March 4-5, 2019 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
C AS9100 rev D 8.5.1 c 2 - Defining the Machine in-process frequency per ANSI/ASQ Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
Sidney Vianna ASQ apparently doesn't know ISO does not issue ISO 9001 certificates? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
Marc ASQ Linkedin Group - Microsoft Sharepoint discussion - June 2017 Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 0
P ASQ Certified Supplier Quality Professional is the certification worth it? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
Q Passed ASQ Certified Quality Process Analyst Exam! What next? Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
R The on-line re-certification option on ASQ's website Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
R Material allowed in the ASQ CQPA (Certified Quality Process Analyst) Exam ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
howste ASQ is Transitioning to Computer Based Exams ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 13
Bev D Bev D at 2015 ASQ World Conference in Nashville Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
W Results of the ASQ CSSBB Exam March 07 2015 Professional Certifications and Degrees 62
S Any suggestions for ASQ CPGP (Certified Pharmaceutical GMP Professional) exam prep? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4