ASQ Six Sigma Handbook - Should I purchase the Black Belt handbook now?

kelbro

Registered
Planning to take the ASQ Six Sigma Green Belt exam this year. Will continue on to Black Belt later. It looks like the Green Belt Handbook maps directly off the Black Belt handbook.

Does anybody know if I should purchase the Black Belt handbook now and it covers all of the Green Belt info or do I need to buy both handbooks?

Thanks

Last edited:

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Welcome to the Cove! :bigwave:

My experience with these ASQ exams is that the best reference ends up being the ASQ Handbook for that subject - whether they intended it that way or not.

This means questions for the Green Belt exam are going to be most directly applicable to the Green Belt text.

However, I must point out that I have not taken the Green Belt exam, only the Black Belt one. So I can't be sure how similar the books are. There are certainly going to be similarities, for example the tools won't change and the math will be the same. But the Green Belt will probably be from the team member's perspective, while the Black Belt will be directed to the project manager.

I hope this helps!

kelbro

Registered
Thanks for the response and the welcome Jennifer.

I will most likely purchase both. If I find out later that there are redundancies, I could sell the Green Belt book or loan it to somebody else studying for the exam. Just trying to watch the pennies here after Christmas :)

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Sounds like a plan. I almost always buy used books, then I can turn around and unload them again after reading unless I decide to keep them as reference material.

kelbro

Registered
I forgot to mention that I also obtained the ASQ Black Belt preparation guide and it is huge! 895 pages!

Top Bottom