Assignable cause/corrective action list for SPC Software

gmontaigne

Registered
Good afternoon Everyone,

I am wondering if any metal stampers on this forum may have created an assignable cause and corrective action list for SPC software, as we are launching real-time data collection on the shop floor and our list has yet to be developed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely
Gary Montaigne

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Good afternoon Everyone,

I am wondering if any metal stampers on this forum may have created an assignable cause and corrective action list for SPC software, as we are launching real-time data collection on the shop floor and our list has yet to be developed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely
Gary Montaigne
Can you explain what is meant by "...assignable cause and corrective action list for SPC software..."?

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Just guessing...but it sounds like a checkbox list.

Getting someone else's list is a decent starting point, but I would also look over your historical root causes and amend the list with your own.
...and I would leave "operator error" off of the list.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
I think it is fairly straight forward. If you get an out of control condition on your chart, what is your reaction? Here is an interesting point. Go back to the CNX assignment of causes - controlled (held constant) experimental (adjustable) and noise. If you are charting a characteristic that only has noise as a source of variation, the only thing it is going to tell you is when to sort. There is no "knob" to adjust , as you have in the experimental data. Constant data may indicate when the system breaks, because even those you intend to hold the value constant, it fell off the tracks - similar to a die that cracked in half. Being a whole die was supposed to be "controlled". Experimental data is the data where you have some sort of adjustment. It may not be a physical knob, it may be sharpening, polishing or replacement. Point is, you should have some idea of expected causes of out of control conditions so that operators can react correctly when they see them, rather than running around aimlessly trying to to find help. Sometimes they go to the wrong people and the problem gets worse.

Top Bottom