ASTM D 380 Clause 16.1 - Methods of Burst Testing Rubber and Plastic Hoses

P

peter

Can anybody provide any details on the above standard which relates to methods of burst testing rubber and plastic hoses? Is this the US equivalent to EN ISO 1402:1996?

We have a problem with hoses supplied by an overseas manufacturer and they are having their production independently tested in China to the above standard but we need to have some information on the relationship between ASTM and EN ISO.

Many thanks

PeterH

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hello Peter,

I found this.

This could help...

And from the ISo_Org website.

These sites may not give you all the answers, but it is at least a start.

Stijloor.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Can anybody provide any details on the above standard which relates to methods of burst testing rubber and plastic hoses? Is this the US equivalent to EN ISO 1402:1996?

We have a problem with hoses supplied by an overseas manufacturer and they are having their production independently tested in China to the above standard but we need to have some information on the relationship between ASTM and EN ISO.

Many thanks

PeterH

What standard are you specifying? If you specify testing in accordance to the ASTM standard, then it's the supplier's responsibility--before accepting the contract--to propose an alternative, and to justify it.

A

anwar.raini

Hi I am Raini.

I have been looking for test equipment that can perform testing for rubber hose accordance to ASTM D 380 Clause 16.0 (Burst test) and Clause 17.0 (Hydrostatic Pressure Test).

My customer has been sending samples to independent test service company and now they are looking to set up a inhouse lab to perform their own testing according to the ASTM D 380.

Can anybody suggested manufacturers that supply this equipment?

When I google I only found manufacturers that supply test equipment that meet Standard SAE J343: 2004 for hydraulic hose only.

I hope to hear any suggestion.

Thank you.

Top Bottom