Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Attachments of Certificate of Compliance - What to send to the Customer

Hi all,

I am working for aerospace industry.

I am wondering that should i send compliance documents (Coc, raw material, fai etc...) of my subcontract to my customer or is my coc enough for my customer?

Part design belongs to us.

I am newly graduate and i have lot of questions to ask :)

Thanks.

Selman

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted
Re: Attachments of certificate of compliance?

Howdy Selman,

I think you will find that that is up to your customer...and each of your customers may have different requirements (demands).

For what it is worth...I have never seen a customer accept a CoC from a subcontractor. The subcontractor is not serving your customer...you are. Any CoC would typically come from you.

Hi Ninja,

Thanks for you reply.

My customer would like to receive suncontract (Original equipment manufacturer) coc with the part.

I explained them its my design and manufactured by subcontract which is under my control.

I am not sure i am right about this subject.

Selman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eredhel

Quality Manager
Interesting...I have the 100% exact opposite experience...thank you for sharing yours. Learned something today and the world got a little bigger :)
That's pretty wild, I can't even imagine sending a part out without all that, would be nice to lesson the paperwork tho!

hogheavenfarm

Quite Involved in Discussions
We do not send subcontract CoC's to the customer, although we may pass through material certs and lab reports. When the part is completed it is our part, therefore we only provide a coc from us. We have had customers find out who our subcontractors were and cut us out of the loop by making some of the part themselves and then hiring our subcontractor.
I have gotten some heat at times from our customers but in this area management is very supportive and we have never had to provide that information since.

Eredhel

Quality Manager
That's a really good point. We've watched that very thing happen. We would never send that kind of CoC. But our outside processes are very different from anything we do in house.

We do not send subcontract CoC's to the customer, although we may pass through material certs and lab reports. When the part is completed it is our part, therefore we only provide a coc from us. We have had customers find out who our subcontractors were and cut us out of the loop by making some of the part themselves and then hiring our subcontractor.
I have gotten some heat at times from our customers but in this area management is very supportive and we have never had to provide that information since.

I want to implement such as procedure for compliance documents. If my customer need more information about part i can provide them. But for normal case i think they don't need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted
I suppose two key points exist (likely more...)

1. Are you obligated by anything OUTSIDE of your customer to provide sub-tier CoC's to your customer

2. In your customer's view, who holds the liability for the part if something fails (you or your subcontractor) ?

If your customer will come to you to stand behind the part, even though it was made by the subcontractor...then the subcontractor CoC is worth exactly nothing....so why provide it?

If passing on the CoC also passes liability to your subcontractor...my oh my that sounds pretty good to me.
I would keep that arrangement and start negotiating with my subcontractor for exclusivity to protect from the end-around and keep passing the CoC to my customer.

Top Bottom