Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Attitudes and Intimidation in Elsmar Cove forum Posts

Re: Perception, not intention is the root of harassment

Perhaps I'm having a senior moment, but I don't recall this. Are you sure it was me you were debating the topic with, rather than another Jane? (eg, Jane Ackerman?)
It was my moment not yours. It was the other Jane I was debating. However, I must ask why you are attacking me for not being able to remember someone's name. Are you hostile to and discriminating against people with bad memories?;)

J

JaneB

It was my moment not yours. It was the other Jane I was debating. However, I must ask why you are attacking me for not being able to remember someone's name. Are you hostile to and discriminating against people with bad memories?;)
Ah hah, all becomes clear. You see, I was thinking about this later, and couldn't quite recall a debate going 'round and round' about that topic. I certainly recall some other lively debates on various topics in here, but that wasn't one of them.

Thanks for clarifying - and I very strongly agree with the point you made that one can disagree strongly with someone else's point of view, but without being rude or insulting about it. IMO, once someone descends to the level of insults or personal abuse (including hostility, intimidation and the like), it's no longer possible to debate the issue properly. Not to mention maintain a reasonable level of respect for the person so doing. Would that our policiticians would learn the same - I don't know what it's like in your lower house equivalent, but the debate here can get pretty ordinary at times, to say the least. Rather like a school playground argument.

However, I must ask why you are attacking me for not being able to remember someone's name. Are you hostile to and discriminating against people with bad memories?;)
:nope: :nope: :nope:
Heavens, no, not me. In fact, I'm considering becoming the patron of the CFTOUWPMFN (Centre For Those Of Us With Poor Memories For Names), a most excellent organisation with a rapidly growing membership. I'll let you know when we set up a chapter in the USA and extend a personal invitation to you. (In writing. With at least 2 follow-up reminders). :D

Jim Wynne

Super Moderator

In fact, I'm considering becoming the patron of the CFTOUWPMFN (Centre For Those Of Us With Poor Memories For Names), a most excellent organisation with a rapidly growing membership.
You might have just disqualified yourself by remembering the name of the organization.:tg:

Top Bottom