Attribute (Check Fixtures) - Breaking the Ice with Potential Customers

T

Toolmaker 11

Hello,

My business partner and I are interested in pursuing the design and construction of Attribute Fixtures as an addition to our machine shop. Eventually weeding out just machining and becoming more of a gage shop. Machine shops seem to be found on every corner and that does not seem to be the case with gage shops. I have seven years under my belt as a fixture builder and have always enjoyed building them. The problem we have run into is breaking the ice with potential customers. We do not consider ourselves a production machine shop, more of fixture and specialty tooling shop. If anyone has any insight on the steps we should take it would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind we do not own a CMM and are not ISO certified.

Thanks

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Hello,

My business partner and I are interested in pursuing the design and construction of Attribute Fixtures as an addition to our machine shop. Eventually weeding out just machining and becoming more of a gage shop. Machine shops seem to be found on every corner and that does not seem to be the case with gage shops. I have seven years under my belt as a fixture builder and have always enjoyed building them. The problem we have run into is breaking the ice with potential customers. We do not consider ourselves a production machine shop, more of fixture and specialty tooling shop. If anyone has any insight on the steps we should take it would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind we do not own a CMM and are not ISO certified.

Thanks
Do you mean the GO-NOGO gauges ?
Why not you first make an attempt with your existing customers for whom you do fixture and specialty tooling ?
For an order on hand, if you can see a need for an attribute gauge and realize such a gauge to be demonstrated to the customer, you can make inroads with your first gauge and them slowly market yourself as well as advertise.
No CMM and no ISO is not a hindrance, as long as you are technically strong and can outsource requirements for attribute gauges.

Top Bottom