Attribute Control Chart Question - I plan to use to np chart

L

Link Xue

Hello all
Right now our workshop is assembling a plastic part, we purchase all the parts from the suppliers and just assemble it.
The inspect way is see the surface if ok, no marks and burrs, that's all, really a simple thing.
From my point of view, cause here hasn't attributes data, so X-R chart isn't available, I plan to use to np chart, also we only need to know the scrap number. Am I right?
Any comments or suggestions will be most appreciated.
:bigwave:

Link

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
If you are QS9000 certified your "scrap" data needs to be devewloped based on the requireemnts of 4.10.1.1. This is zero defects for attribute sampling plans.:bigwave:

L

Link Xue

Thanks Sam, but I still confused

:confused:
Yes, we use the C=0 sampling plan for incoming goods, but does this has the direct relation with the control chart?
Our client need the spc chart in process, my question is which spc chart is the most appropriate and helpful to us in our situation? :bigwave:

Link

D

D.Scott

Just finished lunch

The type of attribute chart you use should be determined by your process and what you are looking to represent with the data.

If you process the parts, inspecting 100%, your best chart would probably be, as you say, the NP chart.

The criteria for failure has to depend on the needs of the customer. If ALL nonconformances are "scrap", then that is all you need to record.

It would seem to me that some of the rejects would result from different components and/or even the assembly itself. If this were the case, I would want a Pareto analysis of the defects found. Maybe the assembly defects could be re-worked and are not really "scrap". Also I would want to know which supplier I was having the problems with.

Hope this helps confirm what you it sounds like you have already done.

Dave

Link,
The np-chart is used for recording a defective item,i.e., is the part good or bad.
The C-chart is used for recording defects per part, i.e., how many defect types per part. Each chart requires a constant sample size.

As Dave said, whatever fits your process is what you should use.

IMO a c-chart and a pareto chart would be the best combination.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Attribute Control Chart in my Process - Black Belt says Not Appropriate Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
S Attribute G&R for all Visual Controls in Control Plan Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Chennaiite Do Attribute Control Charts really help? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
D Suitability of Attribute Control Charts for ppm Level Control Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
R Control plans for attribute hydraulic/electronic test equipment FMEA and Control Plans 1
K Transform variable data into attribute data Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 24
K IATF & Attribute Study requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
T Correct MSA study for an automated camera system which makes attribute inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
O Examples of Critical process parameter (CPP) and Critical quality attribute (CQA) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Applying Weibayes to Attribute sampling Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 0
M Template for Attribute Gage R & R wanted Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
B Easy Software Needed for Recording Mainly Attribute Data Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
A Does an attribute study (Go/NoGo pin gage) need two studies (1 for each pin) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B Attribute Gage R&R study according to "Charbonneau" Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R Can a Attribute Study be considered a Visual Inspection? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
J MSA on Part Specific Attribute Fixtures Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
B IATF 16949 Cl. 8.6.6 - Acceptance Criteria - Zero Defects Attribute Data Sampling IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
L Gage Blocks: Attribute or Variable Gage? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
T Attribute vs Variable Inspection Data ISO 13485 Requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
D Calibration of a Width Gage Slot with an Attribute Gage - Maximum Width Condition General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
R Visual Attribute Inspector Capability and KAPPA Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
D attribute gage RR in a unique way Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Proper Gauging - GD&T - Attribute gage to check true positioning on the shop floor Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
P RQL/AQL from Attribute Data Six Sigma 1
M Population failure rate based on attribute data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
V Minitab - Attribute Gage Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
J Attribute Test Method Validation 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
A Attribute Sampling Plans with Switching Rules - Software Recommendations Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
F MSA - Measurement System Analysis Attribute Data Crosstab sheet APQP and PPAP 1
B Bayes Success-Run on Attribute Data - Determining Sample Size Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
A Attribute Inspection P Chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
Sean Kelley Visual Inspection Galvanized Attribute Study Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
N Example of how to perform a Visual Attribute Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
K MINITAB 16 - Attribute gage study (Analytic method) and Gage R&R Study (Expanded) Using Minitab Software 2
J Minimum number of parts to do an attribute gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
D Reliability of an Attribute Inspection based on Historical Data Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 8
S Cross Tab Attribute Gauge Study form Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
V MSA Attribute Data Analysis Study IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Destructive Attribute MSA for Simple Water Leak Check in Trailers Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
A Minimum Number of Parts for Attribute (Go / NoGo) Data Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
J Attribute MSA - Number of samples Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Manix MSA - How to Approach a Gauge R&R Go/NoGo Attribute Study Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
B Best Attribute Data Sampling Plan - Early Production Containment Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
E MSA of Attribute Gauges Signal Detection Method Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
C MSA-4 Attribute Kappa Template - Verification Check Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
D Requiring a "bad" part for attribute MSA studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
N Survey about Attribute Gage and Sight Checking R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
D Attribute Agreement Analysis - MSA - False Negative/Positive IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
N How to make a MSA for an Attribute Gauge if the Pp=Ppk=1.33 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
J Attribute Data MSA for more than 3 Operators Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4