Attribute Gage Certification

J

JaySturgeon

Some input requested please.

I have a number of attribute checking fixtures that were recieved from a previous supplier of the parts they check. These fixtures are now coming due for calibration. I have requested any of the following from the customer to no avail. A print, CAD Data and/or math data. They can not find the prints. Do not claim to have CAD or math data and have no idea how the previous supplier (who I do not know who that was) certified the gages.

My current plan is to lay the gages out on a CMM, affixing our own "0" points, qualifying location points to various check points. Qualifying any fixed Go/NoGo Feeler type pins. Creating a Master Certification sample from a current part and rechecking to those items again annually.

Basically: Here is where the gage is today. The parts that it qualifies as good parts have never been rejected due to the gage and or dimensional issue.

Are there any other ideas out that I might explore.
Appreciate your input.

:D

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

Jay,

You are on the right track. You have requested customer help but not received any.

You are doing the best thing possible, you are verifying your attribute gages with a calibrated CMM. Don't forget to use certified gage blocks when the situation warrants.

Keep up the good work!

Al...

N

noboxwine

Go Get 'em Jay & Al. This is a great way to maintain the integruity of your product & system. Well done !:D

LMO

Involved In Discussions
Thats what I would do, verify the gages with the CMM to print dimensions for that component.

Where your site lines are at, put a set on each side a color code for the operator.

Document your requests to your customer for CAD and other and document thier reply. Put those documents in the gage file. In case an auditor would ask about their calibration.

If you don' t have the history, then you have to make just like you are doing.

Reverse engineering!

Excellent keep it up.

However, why were the gages not verified when they were received. Should not have waited until this calibration.

J

JaySturgeon

LMO

Actually, the gages were here before I was. I can't answer your question except to say my predecessor did not take care of this.

Thanks to all for the input!!!!!!!!!!

:bigwave:

Jay Sturgeon

"Do it right the first time." (Saves a lot of work later ya no!)

J

JaySturgeon

THANKS

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR INPUT ON THIS SUBJECT! IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Jay Sturgeon

J

JaySturgeon

Second Question Regarding Tolerancing

Let me pose one more question here. What about tolerancing. What I thought we would do is run the CMM program, once written, about five times back to back. Take the results (variation) and divide by five. I would then give a plus/minus tolerance from that. After two runs or variation would give us a tolerance of ± .0005.

What do you think.

Jay Sturgeon

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Template for Attribute Gage R & R wanted Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
A Does an attribute study (Go/NoGo pin gage) need two studies (1 for each pin) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B Attribute Gage R&R study according to "Charbonneau" Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
L Gage Blocks: Attribute or Variable Gage? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Calibration of a Width Gage Slot with an Attribute Gage - Maximum Width Condition General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
D attribute gage RR in a unique way Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Proper Gauging - GD&T - Attribute gage to check true positioning on the shop floor Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
V Minitab - Attribute Gage Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
N Example of how to perform a Visual Attribute Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
K MINITAB 16 - Attribute gage study (Analytic method) and Gage R&R Study (Expanded) Using Minitab Software 2
J Minimum number of parts to do an attribute gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
A Minimum Number of Parts for Attribute (Go / NoGo) Data Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
N Survey about Attribute Gage and Sight Checking R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
kedarg6500 Gage R&R for Attribute Data - Pump Noise Test Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
G MSA Gage R&R and Attribute Forms Attached Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
L Correct Sample Size for Attribute Gage R&R (Good / Bad parts) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
D "GM Method" Gage R&R for Attribute Fixtures Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
A Destructive Attribute (Crossed) Gage R&R - Need Help! Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
O Destructive Attribute Gage R&R without LSL/USL Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
M Practicality of Metal Stamping Attribute GR&R (Gage R&R) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
M Attribute Gage MSA - What is the width of the gray area of ​​doubt? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
J GR&R (Gage R&R) Sample Setup for Attribute Inspection Gages Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
Hami812 Attribute Data Gage R&R - Managing Data Sets - Minitab Using Minitab Software 2
J Gage R&R Study by Attribute (ACCEPT-REJECT-INVESTIGATE) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
B Attribute GR&R (Gage R&R) using a CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine)? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
L Tools in Gage R&R - Acceptability of an Attribute Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
B Visual Inspection (Attribute Data) Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 27
J Attribute GRR (Gage R&R) - How to get Kappa Software Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
J Attribute Gage Studies - What gages are required to have Measurement Systems Analysis IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
M Procedure for Attribute R&R Gage Study?? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
R Destructive Attribute Gage Studies - inserted/pressed in parts Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
H Known non-conforming samples in attribute GR&R (Gage R&R) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S Attribute GR&R (Gage R&R) Studies for Metal Stampers Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
M Attribute Gage R&R on Torque Wrench Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
R Percent defective in Attribute GR&R (Gage R&R) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
S Attribute Gage R&R - Automated Test Equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
R Attribute Gage R&R analysis - Automated test system Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
C How to Determine Attribute Gage Uncertainty Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
R Attribute GR&R (Gage R&R) for Continuous Processes Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
J Gage R&R on Attribute Data Using Minitab 14 - Data from Automated Test Systems Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
H Attribute Data Gage R&R - Queries of data from a system Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
K Gage R&R on a special go/no-go attribute gage Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
P Attribute Gage Study using MiniTab Using Minitab Software 2
T Wind Turbine Blade Attribute Gage R&R Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
G Customer is requesting Variable Data for Attribute Gages in Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
R MSA Attribute gage repeatability and reproducibility IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
J Audit Finding for this section - Min and Max for measurements - Attribute Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
M Excel .xls Template for Attribute Gage R&R with ORDINAL Data needed Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 10
T Gage R&R Yearly Frequency Acceptance - Attribute gages - ISO/TS 16949 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
Antonio Vieira Gage R&R Studies for Attribute Data? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7