Attribute Gage R&R - Number of Samples - OFI during our TS-16949 surveillance audit

F

Fairy tale

Attribute Gage R&R

I need to perform a Operational qualification but I don't have enough components to perform a big sample size based on a .5% AQL. If I just completed a gauge R&R and was acceptable. Is there a way on how can I link the gauge R&R results with my OQ to reduce the sample size?

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Attribute Gage R&R

I need to perform a Operational qualification but I don't have enough components to perform a big sample size based on a .5% AQL. If I just completed a gauge R&R and was acceptable. Is there a way on how can I link the gauge R&R results with my OQ to reduce the sample size?

What is the process/characteristic that is being validated? since this thread concerned gage R&R for attribute data are you performing OQ on a measurement system?

yes there are ways to minimize sampel sizes in many - but not all cases. We need to know more about your situation in order to help you...

F

Fairy tale

Re: Attribute Gage R&R - Number of Samples - OFI during our TS-16949 surveillance aud

The OQ is going to be performed in an inspection equipment. It is designed to performed 3 leak test (non destructive). My problem is that based on the AQL my sample size is around 3000 and we only have 200 prototypes to test.

N

naresh1977

Re: Attribute Gage R&R - Number of Samples - OFI during our TS-16949 surveillance aud

very useful

hngrad1977

Starting to get Involved
Look at your print and see if it is called out as critical or significant. If you are referring to a PPAP and have a good SQE, call them and ask what they want gauge studies on. A lot of those gauges are plug gauge, thread gauge etc. He may let you slide on the attribute because Ford loves to focus on variable data, something they argue. Keep in mind though that at some point you will have to perform an R&R
And remember if it not safety related your customer requirements trump an auditors interpretations / opinions. If we went off the auditors opinion we would be re-writing our system every three years.

Dave

Top Bottom