Attribute GRR - Cross tab - Kappa - What does "Expected Count" mean?

S

S. Udhayha Kumar

Request to enlighten me about the meaning of "Expected Count" in Kappa estimation as below:

S.Udhayha Kumar

Could anyone kindly clarify me on the following:

1) What does "Expected Count" mean?
2) Why "Expected Count" is considered in Kappa estimation?
3) My understanding with Cross-tab method is that it only analyses the appraisers on where do they stand on judging the result with regard to reference value as well as comparing them- Is it right?

Thanks,
S. Udhayha Kumar

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Attribute GRR - Cross tab - Kappa

Any statistics experts who can help with these definitions?

S

S. Udhayha Kumar

Request to enlighten me about the meaning of "Expected Count" in Kappa estimation as below:

S.Udhayha Kumar

Could anyone kindly clarify me on the following:

3) My understanding with Cross-tab method is that it only analyses the appraisers on where do they stand on judging the result with regard to reference value as well as comparing them- Is it right?

Thanks,
S. Udhayha Kumar[/QUOTE]

T

TPO01

Since H0 assume no agreement. Hence the number you got is by chance. For example, if you ask 2 operators without checking the actual samples to say which one is good and which one is no good. The observations can also fill all the boxes. Surely, you will find some numbers in the diagonal cells. The expected count has the same meaning. The difference is the numbers are come from calculation.

As explained, you will get some numbers along the diagonal cells wven without any agreement. Therefore, we need to deduct the portion just by chance only.

CW TPO

Top Bottom