Attribute Inspection P Chart

A

aadem

HI , i need help
can someone help me to get p chart for variable sample?
(Attributs inspection)
thnx

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator

Romvill2002

Involved In Discussions
Hello,

Can someone enlighten me about the p-chart question. A medical device - monthly service/repair with monthly install base volume. Im not sure if I am doing the right thing but when I plugged in the data using p-chart. The total installed base volume is too large and not so real from p_bar formula = total defective/total subgroup. Please see attached.

Attachments

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hello,

Can someone enlighten me about the p-chart question. A medical device - monthly service/repair with monthly install base volume. Im not sure if I am doing the right thing but when I plugged in the data using p-chart. The total installed base volume is too large and not so real from p_bar formula = total defective/total subgroup. Please see attached.
Way to think about it is How Many Opportunities for Failure have you had. There apparently have been 49,000 opportunities for failure over the time interval.

It does look like you have an improving trend and should split the chart into two baselines.

However, be careful that each month, there are units that range from coming from the first month you sold these to present. You do need to watch out for burn-in and burn-out. Also, be sure to take units OUT of consideration for the chart as they complete their life span.

Romvill2002

Involved In Discussions
Thanks Steve, I thought 49000 is total volume out in the field wherein the actual is only 5000 devices in circulation. I would split the chart to a new baseline as the trend is going steady. The first 12 months were ramp up from product launch.

Soon, these install base volume would variety of major repaired and refurbished devices as they go 4-5 yrs in circulation.

So Binomial is better?

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
Binomial is Better IF:

1. It is truly Bernoulli trials. That is, each "trial" (a piece of equipment operating for a month) has an equally likely probability of failure as any other piece of equipment, and there are no dependencies between failed equipment (if one item fails, it doesn't knock out four others).

2. There are no real world issues like burn in, burn out (ie Non-Exponential failure rates). No aging of equipment. Preventive Maintenance is OKAY, if it is CONSISTENT across all items.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Overwhelmed with attribute MSA requirement for visual inspection IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
T Correct MSA study for an automated camera system which makes attribute inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
R Can a Attribute Study be considered a Visual Inspection? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
T Attribute vs Variable Inspection Data ISO 13485 Requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Visual Inspection Galvanized Attribute Study Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
D Reliability of an Attribute Inspection based on Historical Data Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 8
J MSA for Attribute Visual Inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
A Inspection Capability Study (Kappa Analysis / Attribute R&R) as Certification Req't Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
J The appropriate Attribute MSA for Automatic Visual Inspection Machine Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
M PFMEA (Process FMEA) for Attribute Data Inspection Process FMEA and Control Plans 2
S Attribute MSA Visual Inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
J GR&R (Gage R&R) Sample Setup for Attribute Inspection Gages Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
B Attribute MSA for Visual Inspection via Camera Automatic Inspection Tool Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
G Attribute Data Inspection Sampling Matrix Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
B Visual Inspection (Attribute Data) Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 27
B Attribute MSA of Automatic Inspection Equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
B Visual Inspection - Capability Study on Attribute Data Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 13
ScottK Surface Finish on machined brass (or other metals)- Attribute or Variable inspection? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
apestate Need supplier, error-proof inspection of ID threads present attribute Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
A MSA - Is an attribute study required for visual inspection? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
P Which system of inspection will be better attribute type or the variable type? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3
H Attribute Gage R&R for Repair Station Operators - AOI (Automated Optical Inspection) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
T TS 16949 - AIAG's MSA Manual - Thread Inspection Gage - Attribute Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
R What is the 95 x 95 Inspection Level? Either an attribute or variables type plan Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
D Question: How to analyze numerical and attribute data Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 11
A Attribute , for example C chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 16
S MSA for attribute relation gage Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
H Need MSA 4th ed. compliant attribute MSA template General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Attribute Analysis for colour matching scale Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
K Transform variable data into attribute data Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 24
K IATF & Attribute Study requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
O Examples of Critical process parameter (CPP) and Critical quality attribute (CQA) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Applying Weibayes to Attribute sampling Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 0
M Template for Attribute Gage R & R wanted Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
B Easy Software Needed for Recording Mainly Attribute Data Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
A Does an attribute study (Go/NoGo pin gage) need two studies (1 for each pin) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B Attribute Gage R&R study according to "Charbonneau" Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
J MSA on Part Specific Attribute Fixtures Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
B IATF 16949 Cl. 8.6.6 - Acceptance Criteria - Zero Defects Attribute Data Sampling IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
L Gage Blocks: Attribute or Variable Gage? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Calibration of a Width Gage Slot with an Attribute Gage - Maximum Width Condition General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
R Visual Attribute Inspector Capability and KAPPA Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
D attribute gage RR in a unique way Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Proper Gauging - GD&T - Attribute gage to check true positioning on the shop floor Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
P RQL/AQL from Attribute Data Six Sigma 1
M Population failure rate based on attribute data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
V Minitab - Attribute Gage Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
S Attribute G&R for all Visual Controls in Control Plan Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J Attribute Test Method Validation 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
A Attribute Sampling Plans with Switching Rules - Software Recommendations Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1