Attributes SPC study - Attributive control (Go gage)

Hi all!

I need to perform a SPC study for an attributive control (Go gage). The customer is requesting to use 300 parts.

I have Minitab 19, but I don't find how to perform such analysis. Is it a capability analysis with binomial distribution? I tried this option, but if all measurements are OK (no defective part), it gives an error.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
I haven't used Minitab for this, but normally you need to put failing samples in with good samples. Ford used to be 50 pieces with 3 out of spec parts included.
I think you are confusing the OP's question with an attribute MSA study.

@tornilleriadeba You are using the correct analysis, and Minitab cannot perform the calculations without some defective units. What you can do is run a One-Sample Proportion test using summarized data. Do not check the box for 'Perform hypothesis test' and click OK. Minitab will display the mean value for p, which will be zero, but will also provide the 95% upper confidence limit for p.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
You could also work backwards from the Poisson Distribution, but should get pretty close to the same answer if np is reasonably large.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Moving SPC Data from Variables to an Attributes Chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
E Sampling for capability studies for variables and attributes Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
L How do I document the chemical attributes in the Mill Test Report (MTR) verification Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
B Setting Lower Control Limit on Attributes Charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
J Using P-Charts for Glass Manufacturing to Monitor and Control Attributes Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
L Do all non-random patterns apply to attributes and variable charts including R chart? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
P Doubt about MSA for Attributes Gaging - Reference Value Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
E AQL with Multiple Attributes - Sample Sizes AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 8
M Leadership Attributes - Getting buy-in on Quality from other functions Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 24
V The Difference between Specifications and Quality Attributes - FDA Definitions US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
A Visual Inspection Frequency and is there any standard that for visual attributes? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 2
G Inspection by Attributes to ensure a 99% Confidence in a Customer Contract Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
R Quantity of Samples (Variables and Attributes) vs. C/I and T/I Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
K Understanding Control Charts Methodology for Attributes like Plug Guages. Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
O Histogram Attributes and Requirements Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 21
M Control charts for attributes: is this possible on a non automated job? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
P SPC for machining processes Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
earl62 What is the best way to control special characteristics in Control plan? Is it Mandatory to have SPC for IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
J SPC - Stamping parts - Small batch size Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
S Anyone Familiar with "SPC for Excel" add-in? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
G Assignable cause/corrective action list for SPC Software Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
H SPC for special characteristics - CSR - Control of SC and CC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
J Determining SPC tolerance Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 21
L SPC - Methods to collect data IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
Marc Steve Prevette's Statistical Process Control (SPC) "Library" Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
A SPC for Eddy Current Testing Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 28
S SPC (Statistical Process Control) for Unilateral Tolerance - Questions Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
Proud Liberal Informational Use of Classical SPC in Precision Machining Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
J Recommendations on Inspection/SPC Software Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
Q Real Time Electronic SPC/Control Charting Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
Rameshwar25 Other types of Control Charts described in Chapter II of SPC Manual Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
A Electric terminal crimping machines - Is SPC appropriate for this process? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
J Properly understanding SPC - Newbie SPC questions Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 29
bobdoering SPC Charting frequency calculator for X hi/lo chart Imported Legacy Blogs 0
bobdoering Handy training tip for SPC - the Check Engine Light Analogy Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
QMMike SPC Software for MAC computers Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Marc SPC based Dashboards - By Steve Prevette (November 2017) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
H SPC Work Instructions (WI) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
S Doubts about SPC taken in Machining - Part has +-0.01 Tolerance Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
A Short Term vs. Long Term SPC Study - Where is Cp and Cpk Defined Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
E SPC for Dummies - The correct meaning of all the graphs Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
Tagin Can/should SPC be applied to Computer Assembly and Software Imaging? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
P Recommendations on SPC Software or Excel SPC add-in(s) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 6
A Not all characteristics follow a Normal Distribution - How do you do SPC Chart Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
T SPC in Insurance Back Office Operations Service Industry Specific Topics 4
C SPC for Particulate Alert/Action Levels Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
E SPC Production - Getting Cpk and Ppk Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
M SPC with many data points from one dimension Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 16
Q Mixed data collection (SPC) for different mold cavities Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
M How to Start SPC from the ground up! Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8