Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.
  • Google has changed ad sizes for some reason. I am investigating and will get the sizes reduced to what they have been until now. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Audit boundaries - Is a Registrar permitted to audit a company's QMS by visiting their suppliers?

The only reason I can imagine is if a customer complained to the certification body and the investigation led them to a supplier. Even that is likely a stretch. Although the need to investigate a customer complaint doesn't happen often, it does pop up once in a while.

Our CB asked to audit our "service" aspect. I mean actually going to a field service job. I said, no-not possible. Only company personnel are allowed on field service jobs. end of audit. we looked at records only.

Our CB asked to audit our "service" aspect. I mean actually going to a field service job. I said, no-not possible. Only company personnel are allowed on field service jobs. end of audit. we looked at records only.
That was actually a thing a few years back and I have conducted a few audits where that was done. There was a paint contractor I audited that had to audited in the field. They had no service or product that was accomplished in-house.

If I remember correctly there was a change in 17021 that required it although it seems to be less performed today than it was a few years ago. Perhaps it is being ignored.

We "service" (install, adjust, repair, rework, etc.) our own product in the field. This "customer" we are servicing could be: Home Owner, Celebrity Home, University, Dealer showroom, Church, Entertainment Industry Org, Aerospace, Government site, Cruise Ship, etc. In no way, will any of them allow a non-company employee attend and audit. Some places like (major theme parks) barely let us in their site to do the service work!

The funny thing about this request in our last audit.....it could take 15 min to 2 days to get to a customer to service the product. The CB only allotted 1 hr to audit this process. I think they just need to spec it on the audit agenda/report.

The ones I have done were nearby and the auditee had no trouble finding customers that would allow it. Some were a couple of hours, some were a half day, and some were a full day.

Top Bottom