Audit Checklists: Quality Management System - Manufacturing Process - Product

C

Cheryl

Specific Audit Checklists

8.2.2 Internal auditing now requires organizations to conduct 3 types of audits:
1. Quality Management System Audits
2. Manufacturing Process Audits
3. Product Audits
with specific checklists used for each audit.

Would anyone have a sampling of the 3 audit checklists they are currently using and would be willing to share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

JLMorris

I interpret 8.2.2 as saying that we have to do audits of the QMS, but not process or product audits. 8.2.3 & 8.2.4 say that we shall monitor and measure processes and products, but audit them. IMHO. I would be interested to see what other peoples opinions are.

M

M Greenaway

JL

Note that this is the TS16949 thread, and clause 8.2.2 of this standard does state the three types of audit mentioned - and recommends the use of checklists.

I havent generated any checklists yet as we are some years off of TS16949 implementation (well to the end of 2006 when QS9000 is defunct).

S
Cheryl,
I haven't developed the checklists yet, but I will share the approach that i am going to take;

1. Quality Management System Audits
Prepare checklists to audit the "shalls".

2. Manufacturing Process Audits
Select a process, develop the checklist base on inputs, activities, interfaces and outputs.

3. Product Audits
Select the product, prepare the checklist based on customer
requirements and records.

I may have oversimplified a bit, but it is a start.

T

Ted Kibbe

Try This!!!!

Harrington Group Software ---- Audit Master,
Google it

I work at a Powder Metal Company in the Quality Dept, PPAP Coord. & ISO/TS-16949 Auditor also. We currently have 3 types of audits, QMS, Process, & Product (Dock Audit). our Product audits cover door to door and could and Do cover some aspects of the Processes. Hope it helps

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
Oddly enough, here we are (I seem to be following you around Andy). Not a fan of Harrington software myself (had a rather interesting exchange with Harrington himself at one point), but may be useful to the broader audience. At this point, only his name remains with the company. He's been out for a while now.

It's interesting to see old threads find new life.

Kev

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
michellemmm Software Product Development Quality Assurance (PDQA) Audit Checklists Software Quality Assurance 12
S Software Quality Audit - Internal Audit Checklists Software Quality Assurance 6
D Internal audit forms or checklists for a medical/veterinary laboratory General Auditing Discussions 5
R AS9100D Internal Audit Process Checklists ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
M I need Audit Checklists for nearly all Car suppliers Customer and Company Specific Requirements 8
D "Simplified" AS9100 and ISO 9001 Internal Audit Checklists ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 43
M Should Internal Audit Checklists be Controlled Documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
J Internal Audit schedule & Process Audit Checklists Internal Auditing 3
V Reference Number required in Internal Audit Checklists ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
T Internal audit checklists related to the software development process Internal Auditing 3
D The Internal Audit Plan, Checklists and Repercussions Internal Auditing 18
E Supplier audit checklists for special processes - Plating Process audit Checklist Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 2
D Question about ISO 9001 Registrar Audit Checklist - No more checklists? General Auditing Discussions 9
C ISO 9001 Audit - Bank Branch - Checklists & Guidelines General Auditing Discussions 6
Gman2 ISO 9001 Internal Audit Checklists and Process Audits Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 31
L Internal Audit Plans and Checklists Internal Auditing 6
M Internal Audit Checklists - Using the standard itself replace any checklist Internal Auditing 8
B Our QS9000 audit team has been using checklists to perform internal audits Internal Auditing 37
T COVID, Furlough and ISO9001 Surveillance Audit Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
R External Audit and Certificate prorogation due to the pandemic General Auditing Discussions 10
Dean Bell Implementation of Controls as per SOA for Stage 2 Audit IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
G Logistic organization and controls - IATF/ISO 9001 audit Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
Geoff Cotton Performing a Delta Audit General Auditing Discussions 12
N ISO 19011:2018 - 5.4.2 "...audit program should engage in appropriate continual development..." Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
G MSA check list to audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
L Open Positions During AS9100 Audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
L Stage 2 audit - Requirement for 3 months of records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
F Who can sit in/perform an API audit? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
L Manufacturing Process Audit Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
H AS9100 Checklist for Internal Audit needed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A What are the pros and cons of using an audit software for internal auditing? General Auditing Discussions 4
F Internal Audit before Pre-Assessment ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
Q Internal audit plan template Internal Auditing 5
G Self Assessment Audit from a new potential customer General Auditing Discussions 3
L Internal audit during COVID-19 restrictions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M OEM asking for NC report after certification audit. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Ooi Yew Jin Customer E audit preparation Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
N Audit non-compliance API Q1 - Use of External Documents 4.4.4 in Product Realization Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
J Remote Audit Experiences - June 2020 General Auditing Discussions 26
F Product audit sampling plans IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
O ISO13485 implementation - Are internal audits expected before stage 1 audit? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
M Supplier Audit Report - Template for second party audit wanted Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
Stefan Mundt AS9100D Major nonconformity due to recurrence of a NC during a subsequent CB audit. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
B Using Unreleased Documents & Process Maps for Internal Audit purposes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Q ISO 9001:2015 man days for surveillance audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
F ISO 13485 - EU countries that could request another audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
H Layered audit updates after COVID-19 shutdowns Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 0
L How to deal with an ISO 13485 Supplier Audit nonconformance ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
M Description of the requirements of clause 9.2.2.3 manufacturing process audit- needs your feedback IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
Armen Conflict of Interest if I audit the QC department? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16