Audit NC - Not identifying our Customer Specific Requirements - TS16949 (7.3.6.3)

A

AndyU

:confused:We were recently given a non-conformity during an Audit for not identifying our customer specific requirements and therefore not cascading the customers requirement onto our suppliers.
My question is, if our customers accept our PPAP submission doe we need to ensure our supplier has met our final customers requirements?
Surely our 'contract' is with our customer and our supplier with us?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

NikkiQSM

Quite Involved in Discussions
:confused:We were recently given a non-conformity during an Audit for not identifying our customer specific requirements and therefore not cascading the customers requirement onto our suppliers.
My question is, if our customers accept our PPAP submission doe we need to ensure our supplier has met our final customers requirements?

In my experience - if the standard says you need to identify the customer's requirements, then you have to identify the requirements. :)

S

silentrunning

I would be very nervous if our company did not flow down to our suppliers all the information that had been flowed down from our customers. Things like material traceability and length of record retention can bite you if your supplier does not keep these records for the required amount of time. Better to flow down too much information than not enough. Your customers' purchase orders and quality requirements are usually very specific in what is required.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
I did not understand. Did you agree customer requirement with your customer or not?
Do you mean that you did not cascade your customer requirments to your direct suppliers?
Probably need more detail and clearer explanation. Could you pls provide that statement of ncn and the evidence to support it?:bigwave:

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Is this requirement relevant to your situation?
TS 16949:2009 said:
7.3.6.3 Product approval process

The organization shall conform to a product and manufacturing process approval procedure recognized by the customer. This product and manufacturing process approval procedure shall also be applied to suppliers.

SATHYABALARAMAN

Involved In Discussions
5.5.2.1 CR - Ensure that customer requirements are addressed, 7.1.1 Customer requirements & reference to its technical specifications shall be included in....quality plan. As per TS standard in many clauses customer requirements have been discussed. In PPAP manual, one element - 17 is Customer specific requirement. So the NC raised is correct.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
I think you are mixing several things here, or the auditor did.

Yes, you are required to identify relevant customer specific requirements, and implement them into your system, just like the TS standard requirements.

Yes, you are required to cascade some requirements to your suppliers, but not necessarily all of the CSR requirements would apply. That is why you have to study those CSR requirements, and determine which apply to you, and which shall be cascaded down.

This discussion is related to your QMS, not really a PPAP discussion. The CSR discussion pertains to your documented QMS, not directly limited to your PPAP product approval process.

It is always beneficial for all suppliers in a supply chain to be familiar with the OE's CSR requirements. The whole suppply chain is trying to achive customer satisfaction of the OE. If the OE is not happy, it will not go particularly well for any of the tier suppliers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Renault CSR - Identifying the difference between an ASES and ASAS-P Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
P US FDA QSR Internal Audit 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
M How to answer ISO9001:2015 audit finding of old revisions of documents being used? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
B UKRP to what level should you audit Class I Technical Documentation? UK Medical Device Regulations 0
I Audit is tomorrow but I refused to participate Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 15
I ISO 17025:2017 / ANAB 3125 - Articulating / Communicating Risks vis-a-vis Audit Findings ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
D Verify Audit Trail of SaaS system Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
D Re-labeler - audit the supplier EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J Outsourced Internal Audit requirements for Aerospace Suppliers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 21
A PPAP question for audit APQP and PPAP 16
D Number of people to be interviewed during an internal audit? Internal Auditing 6
B Gamma Quarterly Audit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
A Anxiety - ISO Re-registration Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 69
Ed Panek Auditor MDR (Presub audit) finding EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Q Easy CARs for Internal Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
D Question and advice for a supplier self audit questionnaire ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S Quarterly Dose Audit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
H When is a SOC 2 audit necessary? IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
J NCR- Failure of contract review process - NADCAP audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
D Special IATF audit of sub-supplier IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
A Internal audit plan and processes for ISO 14001:2015 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
D Question on using audit checklist ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 20
C API Q1 internal audit report Internal Auditing 3
P Filled in F48/F49 for internal audit ISO 17025:2017 Internal Auditing 2
A IRIS audit - Discussion about Special Processes General Auditing Discussions 11
J Internal audit random sampling methodology Internal Auditing 2
D Major NC from last audit not fixed not sure how to fix General Auditing Discussions 10
X Sample SOC2 audit report (or a redacted one) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
D Lead time to schedule an ISO 13485 audit General Auditing Discussions 2
G Organizing internal audit program for an Integrated QHSE Management System Internal Auditing 13
S Does anyone have a checklist to prepare for ISO 13485, Stage I audit? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
W How do you phrase your internal audit questions? Internal Auditing 3
Z Steps to take before an MDSAP audit for Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
V Csv, excel format - audit trail file of HPLC system ( Empower, openlab, EZchrom or any other ) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
G Not accepting a non conformity during an audit General Auditing Discussions 11
K IATF audit day requirements table 5.2 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
Q ISO 9001/IATF 16949 Audit Finding Question - Document Retention IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
M IATF - Internal Audit 3 year span Internal Auditing 4
Q Audit report template ISO 9001/14001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
Q ISO 9001-2015 Internal audit finding Internal Auditing 14
lanley liao How to understand this words that the planning of internal audit shall take into consideration the results of previous audits? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
P Audit check for IT company (ISO 9001) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Supplier audit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Go Live With New ERP System before Recertification Audit General Auditing Discussions 6
A Add MDSAP to Internal Audit Schedule Medical Device Related Regulations 0
A Define timeline for Major and Miner Audit finding General Auditing Discussions 4
J IATF 16949 Internal Audit question - Auditor's responsibility Internal Auditing 6
A API Monogram audit review process Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
S IATF 16949 Internal Audit Example IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
B Remote IATF 16949 audit preparation General Auditing Discussions 10