Audit of essential QMS processes

G

glenn0004

Jennifer and all

Many thanks for the responses - as part of our audit planner we do maintain as table of the results of each audit, the relative sections of the QMS and EMS that where audited and a compliance rating for each section and each audit. This was presented as evidence, however with most Excel based tables presented as any type of evidence (including environmental asepects and impacts) either I'm poor at demonstrating the evidence or our audit is looking for tick-in-the-box type evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Jennifer and all

Many thanks for the responses - as part of our audit planner we do maintain as table of the results of each audit, the relative sections of the QMS and EMS that where audited and a compliance rating for each section and each audit. This was presented as evidence, however with most Excel based tables presented as any type of evidence (including environmental asepects and impacts) either I'm poor at demonstrating the evidence or our audit is looking for tick-in-the-box type evidence.
There are times when ticking a box is okay. I make a check mark in boxes showing all of the management review clauses get covered - that goes along with qualitative notes about inputs and outputs.

About document control not being a process - I think that depends on how your organization does document control. As Document Control Administrator for a TS system I've been audited repeatedly. They guy wanted to see that required, defined authorized approvals were taking place using a sample. But this was a pretty complex process compared to what I've seen since then. My audit of the process these days depends on the administrative setup. I check for availability, legibility and approvals using a sample from all the places I've visited where controlled documents are used - especially if they are in paper form, a (usually quick) review of how obsolescence is managed, how people are made aware of changes, etc.

Top Bottom