Audit - Zero Nonconformance Requirement

D

Dave Johnson

Zero Noncompliances for TS 16949???

Hello All
I've heard that one of the requirements for TS certification here in the USA is ZERO noncompliances during the certification audit.

I've done searches to confirm this (AIAG, IAOB, and others), but can't find anything saying this is true or false.

We're going for it in October, and it would be nice to know if this is true or not. It would help to relieve my bald, graying head!!

Does anyone know???

daj

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

I've heard that one of the requirements for TS certification here in the USA is ZERO noncompliances during the certification audit.

I have not heard of that one!!

We have experienced one "No nonconformances" audit. Even our first QS audit had 7 "minors". The "transition" audit to TS produced 3 "minors" (I think). We average around 3 (thank goodness they aren't repeats!!!).

Maybe the certificate doesn't get issued until the minors are closed out??????????

Bill

S

Sam

No different than for QS. Correct all deficiencies before a certificate is issued.
There is a slight difference in the definition of "major-minor ". Refer to the "rules" and compare with the QS definitions. Also, if a major(s) cannot not be adequately resolved by paperwork submission, a re-visit by your CB is required before the certificate can be issued.
Read the fine print in your contract with your CB.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Doh! Usually I check before I post, but I didn't have the rules with me just then. Oh well, probably close enough I think... ;)

Top Bottom