Auditing in USA vs the world

R

Rosana

I am curious if audits are the same in different countries. I am working in a company in the USA but all my experience is from another country. My first audit in the USA will be in this company.
Does somone have experience being audited in the USA and in another country?

Rosana :bigwave:

A

Aaron Lupo

Rosana, my experience is that the process is pretty much the same. Where you will see varation is in the auditor, but I do not think it matters if the are from the USA or from another country. Let us know how it goes and what your thoughts are.

D

David Mullins

Rosana
Auditors from Iraq NEVER seem to see anything wrong.
Pakistani auditors are usually looking the other way.
French auditors consider a nuclear detonation an observation.
Australian auditors want to have the closing meetings over a BBQ and a few beers.
Irish auditors keep written noncompliances against their fellow auditors.
English auditors aren't actually sure what an English auditor looks like any more.
South African auditors pretend to play the game, but are just in it for the money - it's not cricket.
New Zealand hasn't had anyone pass the exam yet.

D

David Mullins

PS
One tip for dealing with American auditors - talk VERY LOUD, as apparently they're all hard of hearing.

N

NITIN

Indian Auditors argue over the boundaries.
Srilankan auditors indulge in guerilla tactics.

R

Roger Eastin

Well, Rosana, were those the answers you were looking for? I guess the Aussies must have something against New Zealanders! And what's this about American auditors who can't hear? Eh?? (I can't this blasted hearing aid to work!!! Hmmm, maybe the battery is low....)

M

mboteo

Belgian and Swiss auditors ask questions in multiple languages.
German auditors need to be addressed by Herr Doktor
Spanish auditors will be there 'manana'
Italian auditors will focus on the 'Training' section (assuming the HR Manager is female).

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
To get back to serious replies, I think there are probably some differences, but ISO GUY is basically right - The process is the same.

Rosana, what would you expect to be different? Maybe we can address what you think might be done differently. I do think this is a good question.

R

Roger Eastin

Yes, ahem, serious replies....I think that culture plays a significant role in how audits can be conducted. I have audited in Germany and France before and it is interesting that even with a common standard, how many different means of application an auditor can see. For instance, different areas of the standard were given different emphases, depending on what country you were in. Of course, each country had a different management structure in which the quality system was applied. One other thing that I though was important was the language. Each of the countries (and I include the USA in here, too) has a different way of stating thoughts and actions. Some have one word to explain how something is done, while others may have two or more words to explain the same thing. For instance, if France, there is a word "processus" that has no direct English equivalent. It is more of a concept in the English language and so, takes several words to explain it. It is very interesting to audit in other countries.....

D

David McGan

Seriously, my experience in Korea is that auditing is much more "political" and not nearly the "value-added" activity that has been our experience in the US.

Korean auditors have no problem with identifying "Opportunities for Improvement," but they act like it would be an insult to issue a CAR. This may not be typical, but it's my experience in reviewing the audit results of our Korean satellite operation.

Top Bottom