Auditing the Environmental Policy - ISO 14001 Clause 4.2 a

E

eureka

Does it means that 4.2 a) is not auditable, hm..
I think that it means that policy shall be specific, because it's instrument for communicatins with interested parties.
What do you think about policy like.. WE ARE IN CONFORMANCE WITH CLAUSE 4.2 iSO 14001:1996 :thedeal:

Robert
 

Randy

Super Moderator
Your policy will be the 1st thing audited. If you try to use the statement you provided...YOU LOSE!!

Not meaning to insult you but, have you had any training in ISO 14001? What you are asking is about as basic as it gets. Also use the SEARCH tool provided for the forum here, this policy stuff has previously been answered to death and there are some examples available.
 
E

eureka

audit Policy

sorry,

I just wanna to explain that 4.2 b) is easy to audit in policy, but 4.2 a) is very tricky to say " requirement meet"
 

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
eureka said:
sorry,

I just wanna to explain that 4.2 b) is easy to audit in policy, but 4.2 a) is very tricky to say " requirement meet"

Hey, Eureka...we were all new to the Cove and ISO at one time.

Just a little tip, when you are responding directly to a person, select the "quote" button at the bottom of their post. If you wish to continue the topic, but not respond directly to any specific individul, select the "post reply" button not the "new thread" as you seem to be doing. :) This will keep all of the posts on your topic together and make it easier to follow the conversation.
 

Randy

Super Moderator
eureka said:
sorry,
but 4.2 a) is very tricky to say " requirement meet"
Where is this "tricky"?

"We are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance and to prevention of pollution"

It took me all of 15 seconds to come up with that.
 
E

eureka

You do not understand me, tricky for audit is this requirement:
"is appropriate to the environmental impacts of the organization's activities, products or services,"
regards,
Robert :frust:
 
E

eureka

RCBeyette said:
Hey, Eureka...we were all new to the Cove and ISO at one time.

Just a little tip, when you are responding directly to a person, select the "quote" button at the bottom of their post. If you wish to continue the topic, but not respond directly to any specific individul, select the "post reply" button not the "new thread" as you seem to be doing. :) This will keep all of the posts on your topic together and make it easier to follow the conversation.

thanks for advice
:bonk:
 

Randy

Super Moderator
There is nothing tricky about it, I ought to know, I'm an auditor.

You are quibbling over one of the easiest things to do and that is develop a policy. You're reading too much into it. There are policies for major corporations that are less than 100 words long.

A policy is just a statement of what you intend to do, the rest of the stuff is the how you do it.

Have you had any training in ISO 14001? There may be a 4.4.2 issue if not.
 
E

eureka

I just want to clarify things. Can you try me or ask me to know if I really need some training (iso 14001).
 

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
eureka said:
You do not understand me, tricky for audit is this requirement:
"is appropriate to the environmental impacts of the organization's activities, products or services,"

Perhaps you could explain to us why you think it is tricky? Do you think that it is difficult for an outsider person to come and decide if your policy is suitable?

eureka said:
thanks for advice

You're welcome.
 
Top Bottom