Australia/Canada and USA v's EU Medical Devices Regulations Comparison

L

lenwelshlass

Hi Guys

I have been set a challenge to certify our device (Class IIb wound dressing) against all of the above medical device regulations.

I wondered if anyone had a document which compares each regulation and then highlights what the differences are?

Really appreciate your help!

Thanks all.
Helen :confused:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Re: Australia/Canada and USA v's EU Medical Devices

Does anyone have any information regarding licensing of medical device product, specifically glucose meter in Bermuda? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :bigwave:

Hi,

The TGA (Australian High authority) provides a guidance. I apologize i cannot give you the link because i have a post count lower than 10 (this is the first time that i publish a reply). Nevertheless, put "Australian regulatory guidelines for medical devices (ARGMD)" in google and you'll find quickly this document (refer the section 8 p14 0 7 of this guidance)

This document describes the difference between the Australian and European Regulatory requirements.

I don't know if some similar guidances are provided by the other National High Authority.

I hope that you could find some interesting information,

Cheers,
:bigwave:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Hi Guys

I have been set a challenge to certify our device (Class IIb wound dressing) against all of the above medical device regulations.

I wondered if anyone had a document which compares each regulation and then highlights what the differences are?

Really appreciate your help!

Thanks all.
Helen :confused:
I saw that you already visited this thread before posting here:

http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=8973

Were none of the contents there useful?

And, did you try Elsmar's "post attachment list" (little green button next to the lighthouse at the top of the page, left hand side)?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J MDSAP Regulatory Requirements other than in Japan, Brazil, Australia, Canada, US ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Australia TGA Clinical Evaluation Report (CER) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
C Registering Medical Devices in Australia and New Zealand - ANZTPA Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
C ISO 13485 Requirement in Australia/NZ for class 1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
dgrainger Interesting Discussion FEDERAL COURT OF AUSTRALIA: Gill v Ethicon Sàrl - Mesh EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M Informational TGA – Current status of breast implant products in Australia Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational TGA Consultation: Review of the regulation of certain self-testing IVDs in Australia Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Australia – TGA business plan 2019-20 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational TGA – European implementation of Medical Device and IVD Regulations – Implications for Australia Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
C Sponsor Agreement Requirements for Australia TGA Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
A Australia TGA Medical Device Sponsor Agreement - Example or Template Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 14
M Informational TGA – Brexit – Implications for therapeutic goods in Australia Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News TGA Consultation: Changes to a number of definitions and the scope of the medical device regulatory framework in Australia Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Exemptions, Responsibilities, and Penalties (in Australia) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
S Question about Australia - TGA and MDSAP - Technical file ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Use of a "Priority existing chemical" in medical device in Australia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
M How does Australia handle products that are EU PPE, but Australia Medical Devices? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
R Selling of Medical Power Supply in Australia/New Zealand and Japan Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
K Australia's Melbourne Cup - 2013 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
B Quality-related short term course in Perth Australia Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
B Seeking help in answering Australia Tax Withholding Declaration Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
B Prices for apartments in Perth Australia Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
A ASQ CQE statistics training in Australia? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
S Does Australia/New Zealand require RoHS, WEEE, REACH and EMC? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
A How to determine if product is a Medical Device in Australia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
C Image Viewer Classification in Australia (Software Image Processing similar to PACS) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
K Design Control - Parent Company is located in Australia 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
R AUSTRALIA - TGA/APVMA manufacturer, sponser or importer? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
A I want to register IVDs (CE) in Australia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
S Update from Australia and NZ regulatory bodies - ANZTPA in next 5 years Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
C French manufactured medical devices in Australia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
Ajit Basrur Redeveloped TGA (Australia) website Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
Ronen E Australia and New Zealand joint scheme for Regulation of Therapeutic Goods Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S How to locate a Sponsor in Australia to submit Product Approval Applications by TGA Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
K Does Australia require any annual registration or license renewal for Medical Devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
W Definition of Manufacturer, Sponsor, Distributor in Australia Therapeutic Goods Act Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 19
J0anne GMDN (Global Medical Device Nomenclature) Australia, Japan, Turkey, Brazil Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
T Australia TGA Approval recognized by New Zealand? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
M Standards Australia - AS1199.3 2003 Skip Lot inspection Criteria and Requirements Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
E Medical Device Classes IIa and IIb in EU and Australia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
C Internal Auditor Training Courses in Australia - Recommendations ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
I Vigilance SOP that covers Australia, Taiwan, Japan or Brazil wanted Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
V List of Registrars in Australia Registrars and Notified Bodies 7
arios Important Regulatory changes in Australia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
Q Work in Australia - Job opportunities and market requirements of Australia Immigration and Expatriate Topics 5
T TGA - Application Fees - Exporting Medical Devices into Australia market Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
bio_subbu Australia?s TGA - IVD Regulations have been published Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
J Dog Pack Attacks Crocodile In Northern Territory, Australia Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 5
M Training in ISO 9001 standard - Australia Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
P Australia - The process to declare conformity for a class IIa medical device? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5