Authors Needed for "The Auditor," a new bimonthly publication

S

spaton

"The Auditor," a new bimonthly publication on all things related to auditing is actively seeking authors. Share your auditing success stories, nightmares, case studies, how-to stories and more. All authors receive a free one-year subscription to the newsletter. We're also looking for questions for our "Ask the Experts" section. Submit a question and you'll receive a free "Don't Mess With The Auditor" t-shirt. For information about "The Auditor," visit "The Auditor" Web site at www.theauditoronline.com. You can also download a sample issue there. To submit an article, e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: Authors Needed!

Hi Scott. Welcome to The Cove. I had posted a message about your new publication back in October. Check this thread. I am sure some Covers would like to contribute to your magazine. May I also suggest you peruse some of the most debated threads here and identify subjects to be included in The Auditor?

S

spaton

Thanks, Sidney. I also welcome article ideas from Covers, too! If you're too busy (or too shy) to write an article, let me know what your idea is and I'll try to find someone to write it.

Randy

Super Moderator
Shy?

Shy?

Oh, you know it buddy.:lol:

There is a bunch of real good stuff already here that has been submitted over the years like in THE READING ROOM Thread (nothing from Sidney of course ). You could very well fill acouple of issues with work that has already been done by many of the great folks we have (not me though, I just raise the rabble)

Last edited:

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
(not me though, I just raise the rabble)

You could have your own column though...the Rabble Corner or Randy's Sandbox. You know, a place where you can talk your simple, no-nonesense approach to all things audits. But you'd have to use nice words... ;)

G

Greg B

You could have your own column though...the Rabble Corner or Randy's Sandbox. You know, a place where you can talk your simple, no-nonesense approach to all things audits. But you'd have to use nice words... ;)

Randy playing nice? :lmao: ...that is so funny. Actually, it would be a column I would read with interest as I respect his views as I do with most of the long term contributors and moderators Claes, Roxy, Randy, Marc etc..A treasure trove of experience.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Hello, Spaton!

A couple of questions, if you don't mind:

1. Who is the intended primary audience?
2. Are these peer-reviewed articles that will require references?
3. About what is the length you are looking for?
4. Has the magazine appointed an editor?
5. Has the editor submitted a writeup of what he/she is looking for?

S

spaton

Brad:

Here's a little more info about "The Auditor":

"The Auditor" is a bimonthly newsletter created to provide full-time or part-time internal or external auditors. Our goal is to provide the information, industry requirements, and updates auditors need to conduct effective audits. Each issue of "The Auditor" will tell you how to get the most value and results from the audits you conduct, and save you time and effort by keeping you up to date on the information you need.

In each issue of "The Auditor" you’ll find:
• Information essential to auditors, such as exam dates and other important events
• Changes in requirements and expectations for internal, external, and supplier auditors
• In-depth “how to” articles that will help you master all facets of auditing
• Entertaining auditor profiles and favorite auditing stories you’ll relate to
• The latest items on the market for auditors: books, events, job listings, and more

"The Auditor" covers a variety of issues relevant to auditors, including:
• Quality audits, including (but not limited to) ISO 9001 and its sector-specific derivatives such as ISO/TS 16949, TL 9000, AS9100, and ISO 13485
• Government and military audits, such as FDA regulations, military requirements (including support contractor audits), EPA requirements, Department of Energy requirements, and OSHA requirements
• Environmental audits, such as ISO 14001 and RC14000
• Supplier audits, including routine supplier inspection audits, compliance audits, and problem-solving audits
• Business process audits, including business process management, customer-relationship management, and Sarbanes-Oxley
• Up-to-date information about other standards that will keep auditors informed and help them do their jobs better.

Our editorial review board consists of the following members:
• Dennis Arter
• Michael Carmody
• Charles Cianfrani
• H. James Harrington,
• Robert King Jr.
• Roderick Munro
• Paul Palmes
• Denise Robitaille
• J. P. Russell
• William A. Stimson
• Jack West

The newsletter is not peer-reviewed but our editorial review board members review certain articles prior to publication and suggest content. I am the publisher and served as the editor for the first four issues. Laura Smith, who works as an editor at "Quality Digest," will take over as the "The Auditor's" editor in May.

Our articles typically run from 1,500 to 2,000 words in length. Our editorial style is direct and to the point. Therefore, we tend to avoid the academic reference-laden pieces.

I hope this answers your questions. If anyone has any additional questions about submitting an article, please feel free to e-mail directly. Thanks!

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
:bigwave: Welcome to the Cove, Scott!:bigwave:

I hope we see some commentary from you here similar to some of the stuff we saw in Quality Digest when you were there. I note you are still doing the "curmudgeon" thing as a blog.

I'd like to think you are joining our community to contribute sense and expertise rather than just using us as an advertising medium.

As you take some time to look through various threads in the Cove, you may be prompted by the excellence of a Cove member's writing to extend a personal invitation (even commissioning an expansion or update of something posted here in the Cove) to write for your publication.

S

spaton

Thanks, Wes. I am still writing my Quality Curmudgeon column in Quality Digest and, yes, I do have my blog: www.qualitycurmudgeon.com, where I post my column, random thoughts, links to other sites and some funny video clips.

Top Bottom