Automated Processing and Placing Parts

J

jmarcus - 2008

We've been trying to work out this problem for months, and I'm reaching out to you for some ideas.

We have a feeder bowl placing bolts on a moving magnet line.

The problems we are having (and causing 99% of our quality problems) are either two bolts are placed on the magnet, or the bolts are placed / fall over on the machine.

Does anyone have any possible suggestions on how to guarantee a single bolt is placed on the line and it will remain flat against the magnet.

Some extra information we have bolts that range from 10-50mm and some have washers on them.

I realize there may not be a single fix for all possibilities, but if you have seen similar situations in our facilities and would care to share it would be a major help.

Also if you think it might be something else please reply as well.

Thank you,

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
Hi jmarcus and sorry you haven't gotten a response yet.

Is there anyway to improve the way the bolts come out of the feeder bowl that would prevent or improve either condition?

J

jmarcus - 2008

I was hoping for some answers quickly, but I'll gladly wait for input if anyone has some.

Currently we have the machine placed as closely to the magnets as we can. We have a plastic push bar to center the parts, but if the magnets don't spin 100% of the time the parts may not be centered, hit something and get knocked over. After looking at the process, we may be able to add something to that area to ensure the magnets keep spinning and the push bar keeps it centered. We might also be able to add a prox sensor that can is more sensitive and will be able to distinguish if a part is off center or that there are two parts in line with eachother.

We've been able to come up with some internal fixes, but could always use other ideas.

Thanks,

N

ngkjrs

its quite difficult to provide ideas with the information provided by you.

Is the fastener picker is pneumatically operated? How does it pick the fastener? How the fasteners are fed into? What is the travel length, angle, swivel etc..,

are they time operated or sensor-operated?

you have to provide these details as to enable one visualize the situation and think of an idea!

i dont think the fastener picker can pick two fasteners at one time. placement is a problem of course for which your angle of travel has to be set right.

J

jmarcus - 2008

Sorry for not giving more information, we've come up with a few solutions since I've posted this. Thank you for your time.

Top Bottom