Automotive Companies which require ISO 14001 certification of suppliers

L

lst000

Can anyone tell me which Automotive companies require ISO 14001? I am not seeing any reference to it in the Supplier Manual.

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Automotive Companies which require ISO 14001

Ford does, to my (out of date) knowledge. I'm sure others do too. It may be a contractual requirement - and not in the supplier manual.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

Yup - Ford has for quite a few years. I personally don't know about any of the others either.

J

jasonb067

I have had a difficult time finding where GM states it is a requirement but it is on the bid list dash board.

Marc

Leader

I'm surprised that no one else here is replying in this thread. Surely there are some other GM suppliers here.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

I have had a difficult time finding where GM states it is a requirement but it is on the bid list dash board.

I think you might have found the requirement. :bigwave:

I know that GM has required its suppliers to be ISO 14001 registered for about 10 years now (2002-2003?). I think that Chrysler also requires it, but I'm not sure.

Marc

Leader

I hadn't thought of an item being on a portal dashboard as defining a requirement because of it being there yet not being mentioned anywhere else such as in their CSR stuff, but it makes sense. It brings keeping up with customer specific requirements to another level. What happens when changes are made to the portal? I doubt GM would go out of their way to notify every supplier of the change other than some sort of notice in the portal its self.

Interesting. I was thinking I "thought" Honda required it some years ago. But I'm not sure on that. I would sorta be surprised if it's only Ford and GM.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

In general the CSRs are intended to define or augment TS 16949 requirements, so it's not surprising that it wouldn't be there. This kind of stuff is usually communicated by OEM purchasing people at the time an RFQ is transmitted, or by audit criteria when new suppliers are being qualified. Usually tier-ones will have their own supplier manuals which include flow-downs from the OEMs among other things.

Marc

Leader

I agree - Typically requirements for registration to one or more specific standards usually comes up when the company (GM here) qualifies a supplier as you mention. Requiring ISO 14001 registration/certification isn't a contract specific aspect. On the other hand it's been a few years back but I know from time to time I came across companies which did state requirement(s) for registration to one or more specific standard(s) in their RFQ package.

Top Bottom